News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

vomp client(s) connected - shutdown anyway?

Started by dingo35, October 30, 2008, 10:32:16

Previous topic - Next topic

dingo35

Hi all,

I am a very happy user of vomp-0.3.0-1.Yaris and vomp-dongle-0.3.0-3-Yaris. Since version 0.3.0, my VDR server does not always shut down automatically; it seems that sometimes the vomp server keeps on generating events, so that the event-timeout that should shut VDR down never happens.

When I try to shutdown VDR manually, it reports: vomp client(s) connected - shutdown anyway?  ; at that moment no vomp-clients are active (that is; switched off). Manual shutdown goes ok, and resets the situation: from that moment on VDR will shutdown after event-time-out , but after a few days / weeks the problem arises again.

Anyone recognise this problem? I did not have this with vomp-0.2.6 ; on my network I have 3 hauppauge MVP clients, and also 2 windows vomp clients... Not sure whether this is a vomp problem or a Yaris-version problem...

Thanks in advance!

hondansx

Can you take the latest version for server (vompserver-0.3.0-2-Yaris.tar.gz) and client (vomp-dongle-0.3.0-3-Yaris.gz)?

Walter
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

dingo35

Thanks for your quick response!

Dongle was already on newest version, I missed the new server version so I upgraded it; will keep you posted here...

dingo35

I have been checking the new version for a week now and NO problems with shutdown until now :-) . As I reported before, the not-shutting-down problem stays away for weeks sometimes, but the first signs are positive...

If problems do arise I'll report back in this thread, if not, thanks all for this great software!