Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp media player

Started by avvdr, March 14, 2007, 15:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: avvdr on July 19, 2007, 09:32:41
OK - this was intentionally - the vom-<any-mac>.conf is for each particular vomp client, whereas the vomp.conf is related to all vomp's connected to this server. And I felt, that the media directories more belong to the server then to one particular client...

i disagree.
if you have more than one MVP in different households (that's my case)
you'll wish for the feature to store [Media] sections in individual *.conf files.

cheers,
Harry

muellerph

The 2 conf files are fine and perfectly works as they should. What is missing is a 3rd conf file.

1. Server-conf. This file is by server and represents what is used for every client (like which dongle to use)
2. Client-conf: This represents what the MVP setup is, like tone

3. (Missing) Group-conf: As soon as we have userprofiles, such a conf file is missing. This file would still be used by every client, but stores config which should be used for different users/groups.

My setup is: 1. client in living room 2. client in parents sleeping room. x clients in childrenrooms (not yet established, but will be when children a old enough)

Now I and my wife would like to see every TV program or functionality, while I would limit (nothing new) the time and programs for my children.

Non of these make sense to store in the serverconfig or clientconfig, as the living room TV is used by every "user". So it needs to be stored in a separate config.

But we still don't have a user profile, so this needs to be implemented first.
With this you will get this additional config automatically and then it will be easy to implement the config there as well.

Harry

i'm not questioning the *.conf file theme in any way
but was only referring to where to put the [Media] section.

userprofiles?
... you wanna make users "log on" to the MVP?
seems a bit far-fetched...
but this is not what this thread is about, anyway.

cheers
Harry

rdoac

Quote from: hondansx on September 08, 2007, 09:58:00
is it possible to play a folder completly or at this moment only file by file ?

No

Are you sure, when displaying all the mp3's in the folder, if I click on the first in the list with the play button in instead of the OK/Select button it plays the entire directory (and then loops it and does it again..)

My only concern would be if there was a way to stop the looping, but I am a happy man.

MartenR

I am now starting to think about how to port the mp3 part to windows.
Can you please tell me how the mp3 data are passed to the draintarget?
Are they passed one PES packet after another or does the code not care about the paket structure (hopefully not)?

I think is easier to ask instead of understanding demuxeraudio in detail.

Marten

toxic-tonic

Hi,

today I tried to patch an actual cvs-shot with the patches from here: http://www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp/index.html

Unfortunatelly there where many rejects, to much for me to fix it by hand. Is there a newer patch anywhere or could anyone tell me
where to get the cvs-version witch works with this patch?

Thx

Toxic

muellerph

Quote from: toxic-tonic on September 25, 2007, 08:32:24
today I tried to patch an actual cvs-shot with the patches from here: http://www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp/index.html
It is already in CVS. No need to patch anymore.

toxic-tonic

And the Dongle? The last from the Site above?

hondansx

GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

toxic-tonic

avvdr

Hi all,
sorry - have been busy for a while.
Try to give some answers:
1. config file issue
I could imagine to be able to combine entries from both files - i.e. having some of them in the server conf file and some in the client specific ones. Could be done easily.
2. movie play back
Yes - it's one of my prio 1 issues to be done. But still needs some investigations. Could by fairly easy to play mpegs by reusing the recordings player. But first I have to reorganize things a bit. If there is anybody who could give me some hints about the formats the player is able to play (PES, TS,...) and what to consider this would help.
As a second step I would like to create some minimal "framework" on the server side to recode other formats on the fly.
Candidates are:
mencode
gstreamer framework
mediamvp development (was an ongoing discussion there...)
But things are a bit difficult if we would like to have positioning and overall length display...
3. mp3 on windos (@martenR)
It was fairly easy - could just write the mp3 as it was to the device after switching it to the right mode.
My demuxer simply parses the mp3 frames to get the header information and do the positioning stuff.
So it was written from the scratch by following the mpeg specs.
At the end if the parsing fails for some reason it copies the data to the device anyway - hoping that the kernel module can do a better job on it.
If you need further info - please give me some hints how I can help (didn't look at the windows part too much...).

At the end still need some time to make progress...

Regards
Andreas

MartenR

to 2.: At the moment PES and TS Playback is possible, but I think it is possible to extent it at the client side to extent to PS as well.
The most important thing would be that you use the draintarget and demuxer mechnismen for feeding the device to be compatible with windows, look into the demuxer code and you will see how the data should be passed.
For ac3 playback, you have to consider a recoding at the server side or client side, if a mvp is connected. The windows port code can/will handle ac3 on its own.
Non mpeg2 data should be recoded at the serverside for the mvp, for the windows port it does not matter

to 3: OK, so the data is passed raw to the device, so have to investigate what the directshow framework wants.
Do you passs the data block by block to the device? Or are you not caring about block boundaries?
Maybe I have to change some parts...

Marten

Harry

Quote from: avvdr on October 01, 2007, 19:49:15
Hi all,
sorry - have been busy for a while.
Try to give some answers:
1. config file issue
I could imagine to be able to combine entries from both files - i.e. having some of them in the server conf file and some in the client specific ones. Could be done easily.
[...]
that'd be great.

is it this you have in mind?
global settings in the server conf that are
overridable by settings in the client config.

avvdr

Hello all,
being back in development after long time I found parts of the mediaplayer being broken in current cvs.
Especially the picture viewer did not work well after all the changes in the view/boxx infrastructure.
So I started with bringing the media player back to it's original function first.
As usual you can find the current patches at
http://www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp/index.html.
The patches include an option to run and compile a standalone version of the server part without vdr (especially usefull for testing or for boxes not having vdr at all).
With the patches we should be back to normal functionality now.
Any feedback is highly welcome...

Regards
Andreas

Chris

I have applied these patches to cvs, though I haven't done the makefile one yet.

I think I only broke the JPEG banner for the 0.2.7 release (my apologies), the rest should only have broken in recent cvs updates because of the new protocol changes.