Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Losing settings

Started by gangenen, December 16, 2006, 23:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

gangenen

Hello,

VOMP is really great and I love it. Recently I have a problem with my settings: the default for the aspect ratio is 4:3. When I change it to 16:9 it will be changed back right away/not applied. If I leave the Options page and the go back to it the setting will be 4:3 again. Also other settings are not changed. Earlier it worked. It changed a while ago that at first I needed to change the setting every time I switched the MVP on (I do not mean booting here) but now it does not keep it at all. I might have applied updates that caused the changes but I really don't know how to fix it. I just updated to 0.2.5 but the problem remained.

I am using ct VDR:

ct VDR 1.4.4-ctvdr1
Kernel: 2.6.16-ct-1

Can anybody help me to fix this?

Georg

Chris

Hi, my first guess is that you should check the file permissions on the vomp-mac-address.conf file and on the directory it is in (vdr config dir/plugins). Make sure the user vdr runs as can write to the config file.

gangenen

Thanks for your answer. It got me on the right track!

While the write permission was OK I realized the problem when testing it: the date changed but the file size was 0. It turned out that MySQL had filled the partition with about 2.5 GB of logs. I had XXV installed and there were some problems that I did not follow up but simply stopped using it. Seems that this was a bad idea.

Georg