MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Client hang up as soon a VideoStream should be displayed

Started by GTRDRIVER, December 09, 2006, 12:47:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

QuoteMy computer here can do at least 3 vomps simultaneously. Though I noticed one strange thing. I can watch three different channels from the same mux ok, I can watch 2 of the same channel and 1 other channel all from the same mux ok. But, if I swap the third vomp to the same channel, meaning 3 of the same channel it stops the other two from working!    I think this must be something weird going on server side, I can't see it being the client. It's not limited to running on one computer either, I can get the same results with two computers and an MVP.
Chris, maybe you should look at the VDR logs, it can be that the VDR restart some streams or that the priority handling fails. I think this would be seen in the VDR logs.

QuoteAs for interlacing combing visual problems, I can see it on my main pc (which uses the Nero decoder filter). Trying to get vomp working on my laptop I installed the MPV Decoder and I might be imagining things, but it looked better than the Nero filter to me.
Do not compare the quality on two computers, if their hardware differs different hardware filtering techniques can be applied. The deinterlacing thing is in vomp completely up to the VMR9 and thus to the graphics card, I'm going to make this switchable with device dependend properties are added, but before I'm doing some gui stuff.

@kdeiss
your computer seems to be fast enough. It can be something with the network (too much switches or too cheap switches), but maybe also the mpeg2 decoder filter can be the origin as well as the server. Maybe the windows client log file would help.

Marten

kdeiss

Quote from: MartenR on December 17, 2006, 17:31:02
Maybe the windows client log file would help.

My clients don't write a log by default. What have I to do to create a logfile ?

klaus

MartenR

Open a shell, then switch to the vomp client directory and execute the following command:
vompclient.exe > vomp.log

Then vomp.log is your log file.

Marten

hlob

Hah, cannot operate this forum it seems ;) Didn't want to send a PM to you MartenR but rather reply here. Anyway, I'm having the same problems as stated earlier in this thread. Could you please repost the debug version so that I can check what's going on here?
regards, hlob

MartenR

@hlob:
Well, I do not want to use this debug version any more. I'll now try to get the diagnosis in another way. Please download "DirectShow Filter Manager 0.5" from somewhere execute it. and sort the Filter with their merit and Post the first 10 or 20 Filters ordered by their merit.

Marten

hlob

Alright, posting a screenshot here as this tool doesn't seem to allow me to copy to the clipboard:
http://sir-wum.de/filters.PNG
br, hlob

hlob

I'm having doubts if I myself clear enough, my problem is not the client crashing, but the client not displaying anything...
br, hlob

MartenR

QuoteI'm having doubts if I myself clear enough, my problem is not the client crashing, but the client not displaying anything...
br, hlob
1)Well, this is a different thing. First question is, did you use 0.2.5-2 windows client, because an error like this is there already solved?
2) Does Radio playback work?
3) Do you see the menu?
4) what graphicscard chipset?
5) which os?
6) for videorecordings, is audio played back?
7)Determine with the graphedit method which filter is used?

Marten

hlob

Quote from: MartenR on December 20, 2006, 07:18:08
QuoteI'm having doubts if I myself clear enough, my problem is not the client crashing, but the client not displaying anything...
br, hlob
1)Well, this is a different thing. First question is, did you use 0.2.5-2 windows client, because an error like this is there already solved?
Yes, 0.2.5-2 here
2) Does Radio playback work?
No.
3) Do you see the menu?
Yes, everything's fine and usable.
4) what graphicscard chipset?
ATI Mobility Radeon X600
5) which os?
XP Pro SP2.
6) for videorecordings, is audio played back?
No.
7)Determine with the graphedit method which filter is used?
CyberLink Video/SP Decoder(PDVD7)

thanks, hlob

MartenR

@hlob
Your are the first user were the audio filter does not work. In order to get more in information go to graphedit, do the method to determine the video filter and additionally press the right mouse button on the DVD Navigators audio pin and select render and tell me the audio decoder vomp uses.
Also I have send you adiagnosis version some days a go, please report the filter names it tells while starting video playback and radio playback.

Marten

hlob

it says it uses "Fraunhofer Audio Decoder"...
br, hlob

MartenR

This sounds weird, Fraunhofer decoder is for mp3. Can you do the stuff with graphedit and make a screenshot.
I'm wondering why it is not in the screenshot, are this all filters, maybe you have posted the filters with the lowest merit?
Then I'll probably can say, what you should change.

Marten

hlob

URGH, sorry :)
I just ordered them by their merit and posted that. http://sir-wum.de/filters.PNG now has the filters with highest merit.
http://sir-wum.de/graphedit.png ist the screenshot of the graphedit session.
thanks, hlob

MartenR

Ok, I'm not 100% sure, because the fact that the "Fraunhofer audio decoder" has a lower merit, than the Cyberlink one irritates me.

Do you need the Fraunhofer Decoder ? (Potentially he is from one of the various filter packs (for Divx?), that messed up your directshow configuration)

If not deinstall him (using software icon in control panel or with not listed there with the remove filter button in the filter manager (note before the path of the filter).

If you need him, decrease the merit to 0x002000000 (write down the old value, to backup your config). Then it should work, if you just decresed the merit and it does not work, deinstall him.

If then it does not work, I'm interested in the Filter details of the cyberlink audio decoder, especially near MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO values.

Marten

hlob

Hi,
both cyberlink audio decoders do not have that MPEG2 value?!
br, hlob