Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Change Audio Stream

Started by rdoac, January 27, 2007, 09:11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

rdoac

Nice program... I like it.

However, I can't work out how to change the audio stream from one language to another?

MartenR

At current version only mpeg audio is supported and so far langauge switching is only implemented for recordings, you can switch the language by pressing the green button while watching the recording (on windows the 'g' key on keyboard').

Marten

rdoac

Quote from: MartenR on January 27, 2007, 09:28:21
At current version only mpeg audio is supported and so far langauge switching is only implemented for recordings, you can switch the language by pressing the green button while watching the recording (on windows the 'g' key on keyboard').

Marten

Hmm, makes it really difficult for us ExPats in Italy.  All the programming defaults to Italian, but we'd prefer the second language track on the live stuff.  Is there anyway we can change it at the server side?  Maybe set a default language option, either at the VDR level (even if it's a config file) or on the VOMP client.

For instance, prefered language Ita or Eng or Italian or English.. Something like that?

This is a line from channels.conf on VDR to show what the DVB stream says which language is available.

SKYCinema 1;SkyItalia:12034:v:S13.0E:27500:160:400=ita,401=eng;402=ita:470:919:11101:64511:6600:0

MartenR

I think you should set the preferred language on vdr side to english and it should have the desired effect, but I'm not sure about it.
Changing the audio pids order might also help, but then the automatic channel update of vdr should be turned off.
Anyway the live support will be included in later releases, but up to now we have not done it, because the transport protocoll for live tv will be changed for 0.2.6 completely and only after this it will make sense to implement it.

Marten

rdoac

Thanks Marten.

Just to unconfirm.  Changing the audio preferences in VDR doesn't affect VOMPClient.. It still defaults to primary audio.

Oh well.  I'll await the next release with baited breath and struggle on with xineliboutput in the meantime. (Nothing wrong with xineliboutput in principle, but it sucks on a homeplug network.. - udp packets come in the wrong order..)