News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

0.2.3 MVP stalls when stream isn't available ?

Started by genius, May 29, 2006, 08:45:27

Previous topic - Next topic

genius

Hi,

after updating from 0.2.2 to 0.2.3 I discovered a new behavior when I acidently switch to a channel which isn't available at this time (encrypted, not sending at this time , and so on).

With Version 0.2.2 the MVP waited some seconds and gave the message "Channel not available" or something simliar. But with 0.2.3 The MVP didn't react on anything.

I have to power down the box to recover from this state.

Is there a way to change this ?

Thanks
Genius

radiofreak

Hi,

I've observed the same symptoms with my MVP. It seems that this is not only an isolated case.

Greetings,
Radiofreak

GTRDRIVER

I don´t have tryed it with al older Version - but i also can confirm, this behavior.

genius

Maybe it's a sideeffect of the new PreBuffering.

It didn't happen with the Version 0.2.2.

genius

GTRDRIVER

It happens when VDR dont deliver any date (for example when my PW-CI dont´t work again...) then the only way is to Power off the MVP.

When i disconnect the Network from the MVP (or turn off the WLAN-Router) the Client Say´s "Connection lost" and with a Press to the OK Button everything is ok.

BTW: Works great over WLAN (54mbit)

Chris

Yes, this is a side effect from the new prebuffering / av-sync code changes made in the last version. I know what it is and I've put in on the SF bugs page. Thanks for the reports.

GTRDRIVER

Just like to say that with the NEW Update this Problem is gone - now i get "Channel not ..." - Good Work !