MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

DVB Subtitles

Started by kml, January 01, 2006, 20:22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

kml

Any plans for supporting DVB titles in VOMP client? It's clear number one in my wish list
for VOMP (even before pausing live TV or managing timers). All foreign language programs
are subtitled in Finland as we don't do any dubbing at all and the national broadcasting company (YLE)
is using DVB subtitles mechanism for that (which is different from teletext subtitles that some countries
are using).

DVB subtitles patch for VDR is here: http://virtanen.org/vdr/subtitles/
And specification is here http://webapp.etsi.org/workprogram/Report_WorkItem.asp?WKI_ID=15155

Thanks,

'' kml

svalavuo

I'd like to give my vote for subtitles as well.

Suprisingly, I live in Finland too  ;)

Few of our national channels (addition to YLE) are using DVB -subtitles too (I think it's two of MTV3 -channels).
Support for teletext subtitles would be nice too.
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

davep

The latest 'experimental' version of vdr (1.5.11) has subtitle support built-in.

svalavuo

Hi,

I know that DVB subtitles has been builtin from version 1.5.10, but it doesn't help me with my MVP.
I use 1.4.7 and I have subtitles (and ttxtsubs) -plugin so I can see subtitles with VDR, but NOT with my MVP.

Otherwise MVP is workin just like charm.
Ironically I got my vompserver and MVP working yesterday with version 0.2.6 and now there is new version  ;D

Well, I test it today, but support for teletext subtitles and eventually DVB subtitles would be great.
The order should be ttxtsubs first, because that is (for my knowledge) more used type.
Samuli

svalavuo

Hello,

Anyone working with subtitles?

I would try to do support for subtitles to MVP, but I can't do anything with C (or C++ or C# or cpp, or...)
With subtitles -support MVP would be a great product to use. Ok, it's great now too, just few recordings and channels are unusable.
WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) would be MUCH greater with support for subtitles. I could even get to by more of those to our household. :-)

Thanks to everyone working with this project! You are all doing great job!
Samuli

svalavuo

Once again  ;D

Almost a month has passed since last message.
Just thought that is there any hope to get subtitles to MVP?  ;)

I changed my VDR to version 1.5.14 just to make sure that it's up-to-date.
DVB subtitles are different in 1.4.x and 1.5.10 ->
Samuli

davep

Well there is some news from VDR. Klaus has said that he will release the present development version (which includes subtitle support) as a new stable version 1.6.0. Maybe that will make it easier to apply subtitles to VOMP.

svalavuo

Yes, I saw that info too.
I hope it helps getting subtitles support to MVP.
As I said in other thread, it would be great to have teletext subtitles first (more common use), after that DVB subtitles.
That's my opinion.
Samuli

MarkC

Yes, I'm still interested in doing subtitles. Last night I tested to see whether a simple method of timing the subtitles is good enough, and the results were pretty good.

Marten, if you're following the thread, I know you were concerned about this from the WIndows side, but if you can get your Video object to report the master clock value during both live TV and recordings, at least as accurately as the MVP, then things are looking good.

I hope to start work on adopting the DVB subtitle code from VDR this weekend, and I need to discuss with Chris the best way of passing subtitles to the display system.

Teletext subtitles will have to wait until later, and then it'll either have to be written and tested by someone with access to a Teletext subtitle service, or I'll need a sample recording.

We're getting there, slowly!

svalavuo

GREAT NEWS!  8)

I'll be more than happy to betatest your dongle.
Does it work with 0.2.7 or do I need new plugin too?

I'll be glad to test teletext subtitles too and I can supply recording containing teletext subtitles if needed.
Samuli

svalavuo

Any progress/news/(hope) getting DVB subtitles to work with vomp?

There's few of us in Finland waiting fingers (and toes) crossed for this feature. :)

As I mentioned previously, I'm more than willing to betatest subtitles -support.
Samuli

svalavuo

Any progress/news/(hope)?
Samuli

mvisa

Have to say that if DVB subtitles would work, I'd probably buy one of these MediaMVP things tomorrow.

So +1 for DVB subs :)

.m

MartenR

Teletext subs without synching at live tv:

Teletxt:

Lutz