Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Question on video/audio output and on vompclient "reset"

Started by domaju, January 18, 2014, 16:53:46

Previous topic - Next topic

domaju

Hello experts!

I managed to run vomp on my new raspberry. At present, for testing it, is connected as follows:
- via the HDMI output and a HDMI -> DVI cable to a TFT display
- via the Video output to an old flat screen TV with low resolution
- via the stereo jack to some cheap active loud speaker.

Using the Vompclient configuration menu I was able to show the TV image on the TFT display. However with my following two efforts I failed:
(a) I tried to switch the picture via the vomp configuration to the video output -> I was not able to see a picture on the TV (the display changed somehow for a moment -  but no picture at the end)
(b) I tried to stick with the hdmi output but to redirect the audio to the loud speaker using the VOMP configuration menu -> now both video outputs turn black after starting the vompclient

Unfortunately, I could not recover from (b) as I cannot access the vompclient configuration menu anymore for changing it.

My questions are:
- Is there a way to reset the "vompclient configuration" to its initial state so I can start checking again?
- Did I anything stupid which is the obvious reason why I failed with (a) and (b)

Amendment: I attached the present vompclient logfile, maybe it is helpful?  Sorry for the two copies, one of them is for better reading with a Windows editor - apart from that they are the same.

Best wishes
Markus

MartenR

You can simply turn off the raspberry pi and then delete the configuration file of the vompclient on the server side.
The composite and analog output are very well tested, since their quality is not very good, so it is likely that there many bugs lurking.

Marten

domaju

Thank you, Marten: I was able to start from scratch after removing the file as described by you (I was looking for some file of the client - that was my fault).

I won't touch the video output anymore. With HDMI everythings works great!

Markus

dD

Maybe not neccesary to delete the file on server completely, it's just text and could be edited, so your other settings stay configured.
Had the similar problem today and just fixed the value in .conf-file back to HDMI > works after reboot.