Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

new Server and Dongle 0.17 Buffer-seize

Started by Wesie, December 14, 2005, 12:33:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesie

In the morning I've check out the new Server and the dongle 0.17

Now I have problems ( VDR 1.3.37 ) with stottering LiveTV :(

I've had a long time ago the same problem with the MVP MediaPlugin and after make the buffer greater the Error was gone. I've a WLAN Bridge, between the MVP & VDR and so the bitrate could be variable ... With the current Plugin-MediaMVP I have no problem with LiveTV ... ( Retest )

Edit_on:
If I switch to LiveTV , I receive the message"Channel not available" and then the TV Picture is comming, but freeze after time.( the message is still standing in the middle of screen ) The timeout time should be to short ??

Schnurps

I don't have these problems with the new version and 100 Mbit.
Perhaps you could make an option in the setting:
"lan-speed: slow - normal - fast", so that is working optimal with the different lan-speeds.

While I was playing around with the new EPG, I noticed that it becomes slower and slower, the more I scroll the list down (up to 10 seconds for 1 channel downwards. One time VOMP crashed and wasn't responsive any more by looking through the EPG. Any idea? :-)

Yours,
André

Chris

Hi, the only time I have seen it operate very slowly is when VDR has been very busy. I havn't seen the EPG manage to crash the MVP.

argonaut32

Hi,

I am using VOMP 0.1.1 via WLAN 54mbit and have also experienced the problem with stottering when watching recordings. LiveTV seems to be okay

Please can someone tell me how the buffer size can be changed ? Which line in which file do I have to change.

Thanks a lot.

/argonaut32

Chris

Hi, line 76 of tcp.cc in the client is where the recieve buffer size is set. This is technically the best place this should be set because it is the mvp receive hardware which is small. Let me know if you get a good working value!

argonaut32

Hi Chris,

I hoped the parameter would be in the server software as I have no clue at all how to compile the client :-(

Thanks anyway.

BR,
         argonaut32