MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Dongle-0.0.17

Started by Hoochster, December 14, 2005, 03:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoochster

Thanks Chris, that looks awesome, you did a very very fine job!  Very much progress over the last ones!  Thank you!  I know you are finishing working out any final bug reports before your release.  But I will put in my request for the next betas after that and ask for some way to setup recordings through the MVP now that you have a GUIDE! 

Lookin real good bud!  Thanks again!

Chris

Don't thank me for the EPG, it was written by Brian Walton (forum user riban).

As for setting timers, yes - that is fairly close to the top of the list now.

Hoochster

Alrighty then, thanks go out to Brian Walton!  It is much appreciated.

I did just realize that there are yet a few leftover problems I didn't see before.  If you have channel #'s that are 5 digit.  Like 10350 for instance, it won't goto it.  It will stop at 103 which is a channel too.  Any way around that?

Another feature request for Brian then hehe, would be to have the ability to punch in a channel # in the guide to go straight to that listing.  Dunno how tough that would be to do.

Thanks again!

Harry

hmmm.....

selecting "stand-by" from the menu freezes the MVP.
don't i have to update vompserver for certain?

cheers
Harry

[edit]
mea culpa:
Chris wrote "[...]that you do need to update[...]"
I read "that you don't need to [...]"
time for me to go on an extended holiday!
[/edit]

davep

Quote from: Harry on December 15, 2005, 19:17:32
selecting "stand-by" from the menu freezes the MVP.
don't i have to update vompserver for certain?

Freeze confirmed. I've got both client and server updated from CVS. The green 'power' button on the remote works as expected though.

Chris

Yes, thats.. odd.

Might I suggest you stand-by the MVP only by using the green button for this release  ;D hehe...

Harry

you might  ;D.
and... even odder: my MVP stays off with the green button this time.
(remember the signalling "bug"?)

however... the new features are stunning!
many thanks to you and Brian!

i haven't tried this yet... is the EPG also linked to the "Guide" button?
owners of the new remote would benefit from that.

in the preview in the EPG there's a slightly alpha-blended bar... looks nice!

cheers
Harry

Chris

Yes, it does look nice. Alpha blended stuff is easy unless you want to layer two alpha blended things on top of each other. I hope to use more of it for the OSDs over video.

Yes, the EPG is linked to the guide button, and the red button.

I still have no idea why one would switch the video signal off where the other wouldn't, maybe all this is related. The standby option causing a freeze will most likely be down to all the new mutexing code I shuffled around in this version. It is probably causing deadlock somewhere. (Which is annoying, as I spent some time working through not having deadlock situations....)

Chris

OK! The video signal not being shut off is fixed. I think it was caused by pressing the green button while there was a video being played. The first thing the software did was to shut off the video signal - make the shut off really quick for the user. But maybe calls to the video chip that were still to go through forced the signal to come back on again. Anyway, I have changed the way it does the shut down and it seems to be ok now.

I have also fixed the standby option on the main menu. That was a deadlock fault caused by all the new code I put in for 0.0.17.

Harry

many thanks!!

you're right about the occurrence, of course.
i'll have to provide more precise bug reports in the future.

thx again
Harry

Nobiman

pls let me reflect the start topic of this threat and
compress my opinion into a single word "!!!WOW!!!"

Very, very great work!

many thanks...

cu
Nobi