Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Any replacement for MediaMVP?

Started by svalavuo, October 05, 2010, 13:22:28

Previous topic - Next topic

odin4242

Quote from: MartenR on August 07, 2012, 09:56:02
So mpeg2 playback for vomp at the raspberry pi is in sight.
Yeeeeha!
M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
MediaMVPs | WinVDRStreamer | SMT 7020s | Raspberry Pi
easyVDR 1.0

Chris

Harry

odin4242

Marten commited some changes to the git 39 hours ago:

Custom libav + transcode patches + first mpeg2 playback through transcoding

Maybe i'll have some time tonight to try that

M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
easyVDR 1.0

MartenR

Do not try this yet. It crashes after a few seconds...

petric

@MartenR: I am sure you already got it.

At the raspberrypi forum they told that MPEG2 decoding in hardware can be purcased (bound to the serial number of the pi).
They refer to this page:
   http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1839

There was also stated that MPEG4 encoding by default was already in the firmware.

And - HDMI-CEC seems also being supported. No more seperate remote control necessary.

Am i dreaming ?

Chris

I knew someone would beat me to it :)

So it's a key which enables omxplayer and XBMC to play MPEG2. I wonder how this is done and whether it can be integrated into vomp? No pressure Marten ;)

I know I definitely got my £2.40 worth out of the licence I presumably paid for my MVP..

odin4242

But maybe, Martens solution with the transcoder will enable the Pi for mpeg2 playback without additional costs?
I don't know, if the omxplayer has an API to be used by VOMP, so currently i guess the license will be of no use for us anyway?

Cheers,
Till
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
easyVDR 1.0

MartenR

Well actually the transcoder is ready, but I am unsure, if it will hit the performance.
So I will drop it for now (the work for doing the transcoding stuff is not in a good relation to 2,40) . And there are some case were it will not work.

I will buy a license. Implementing is probably a task under one hour.  (h264 playback uses the same omx interface).

Then I will implement timecodes and audio. (Do not know how long it takes but not long)
Then hdmi cec is on my list.

Marten
Edit: I just ordered, it can take up 72 hours.