MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

When will Chris be back?

Started by Schnurps, October 25, 2005, 18:23:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnurps

Does anybody know, when Chris will be back from Holiday? :)

Schnurps

Chris

I am back.

It was a trip away for work, which wasn't going so well when I was supposed to return, so we extended the trip to get the work done, this is why I've been a little quiet for longer than I expected..

So, here is a snapshot of how I see the state of things now, having spent a few hours in the source code.

I have got radio working. It will be in the next dongle which I will release very soon.

I have applied the new options patch from have (thanks Dave) just slightly late of when I should have done this.. (This new code won't make anything look any different, it's just much better code than was there to begin with).

The channel unavailable issue.. I think we are agreed that this is down to the priority that vompserver uses when it requests a device from VDR to give it the channel. I have made an option in the client to set the priority level at which vompserver will get a device. This does work for my setup, whether it will work on a fully featured card or other setups I don't know. I don't have a fully featured card so I am testing this by interrupting recordings. Unfortunately VDR has a little quirk here which I am hoping someone will be able to answer.. If you steal a device away from another Receiver object, VDR shuts down 30 s later assuming things are broken. So, you observe the NeedsDetachReceivers thingy in the GetDevice call, but how do you actually detach other receivers? And not the harmless ones that are attached to the same mux? (Here's hoping there is someone monitoring this who knows more about the VDR source than I do, I rarely go in there...)

The 10Mb network issue: Other than the route window fix I posted before going away I have no idea how to fix this. Input from anyone who has problems with this and has tested fixes is appreciated.

I think it's safe to assume that any other issues I have forgotten for the moment. :)