MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Congratulations.

Started by davep, July 05, 2005, 21:18:25

Previous topic - Next topic

davep

After battling unsuccessfully for a couple of weeks with MVPServer I was delighted to get your software up and running in about 30 minutes. Very well done!

One item for the TODO list. Switching the MVP into standby should remove power from the SCART connector, as some TVs sense the voltage on one of the pins to switch back to normal mode. The most recent dongle.bin from Hauppauge does this.

Oh and the plugin doesn't compile under vdr 1.3.27 but you probably knew that.

Dave

Chris

Thanks! I'm glad you got it working so quickly. Very good to hear!

The standby function is supposed to do what you expected, it does for me! When you put it into standby what is on your screen?
And no, I didn't know that it doesn't compile under that version of VDR because every time I try the 1.3 line it has corrupt video so I have just left it. I will add that to the list - checking 1.3 again, and seeing why vompserver won't compile.

Chris

davep

Quote from: Chris on July 05, 2005, 23:47:28

The standby function is supposed to do what you expected, it does for me! When you put it into standby what is on your screen?

The screen goes black. I have to unplug the power connector from the MVP to get normal TV back.

I had the same behaviour with the dongle.bin provided with the MVP, however downloading a later release fixed it. There is mention of the fix in the Hauppauge release notes against build 22272.

Dave