Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

A few questions

Started by Oliver, October 06, 2005, 10:39:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Hello!

First of all I have to say: Sorry for my really bad english. I promise, I will try my best.

Second thing I must say is: a big "Thank you" to Chris for doing this really great work.

Now the questions:

1. I'm using Widescreen with dongle Version 12. It runs nearly perfect ! The only thing I worry about is that sometimes the TV switches from 4:3 to 16:9 within the same chanel and film and switches back within a second or so. I think that the Vomp-Plugin or the dongle gets the wrong (or maybe no) Signal from the TV-Station for the format used for a few moments. Is there a chance, that Vomp will wait at least half a second or so, before switching ? This could maybe resolve this problem.

2. In Germany we have a channel called "Kinderkanal" over Sattelite. After 09:00 pm they quit broadcasting until 06:00 am. If I zap to this channel after 09:00 pm, then MVP will hang half the time. Sometimes i can change the channel again, the EPG will be shown about a second of the "new" channel and thenthe MVP hangs with  black screen, Sometimes the black Screen happens immediately after the EPG of the "Kinderkanal" was shown. Is there something I can do ?

3. Is there a chance to tell VDR, to use all DVB-S - cards for the vomp-plugin (like the streamserver-plugin) ? I tried to run vomp with only one DVB-s card at the weekend  and i could only watch the channels on the same buquet as the channel seen on vdr. At the moment this is no problem for me, cause I have got 2 cards, but if vomp will make recordings in the future, it would be nice if I can use all the cards for vomp only. (Is there a plan on making recordings from within VOMP ? Maybe with timeshift ?)

Everything else works realy fine, and i'm very impressed on how fast the devolpment goes on. Thank you so much !!!

Greetings Oliver

AronSira

Hi Oliver,

I hope you are able to understand my English .. ;D

Regarding point 3:
as far as I know VDR uses priorities to determine which "process" gets access to a "resource" - just have a look to the timers e.g. - her you can find a priority, which means you can program different events for the same time, but the one which has the highest priority wins. As I started to use VOMP I als had the problem with just having one DVB card in my system and no output device except vomp. I always had to switch the channel manually at my VDR to be able to view the channel also on my MVP (I'm still waiting for my AVBoard..).
I found out that for VDR the standard output of the DVB card also has a priority, which is indeed higher than the priority of VOMP (which normally makes sense) - at time of taking my first look at VOMP it was 0.
So I changed the priority of VOMP to 8 for me at the moment (file mvpreceiver.c).
This works for me at the moment.
I you really need this, please let me know  ;)