MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

vomp and ports

Started by kdeiss, October 03, 2005, 10:49:02

Previous topic - Next topic

kdeiss

I've got a theoretical question. Would it be possible to change the the default ports of the communication between vomp and mvp ?

Background: after the bootp session the mvp sends out an udp-broadcast on 16882 - the server answers and tells his guiserver and mediaport data. If vomp could communicate on other ports, it would be possible to run a second mvp-server on the same machine (for example mvpmc) and switch to this server by providing another dongle.bin. the vomp-plugin itself could provide such a mechanism, so we could use the best of both servers - and you don't need to implement all this features.....

greetz

klaus

Chris

I think this should already work. No vomp software operates on port 16882. After the vomp dongle is downloaded and run in the mvp, it sends a udp broadcast on port 3024 to find the vompserver, then it connects to it again on 3024. All you should have to do is change the dongle file supplied to the mvp and you can run something else.

kdeiss

I have to apologize. I just switched line 51 to debug output and saw that there was a request on port 3024 ......

thanks

klaus

Chris

So is the multiple dongle idea working now?

kdeiss

yes - but it is not very comfortable. At the moment I load the vomp-image via mvploader. In this case it makes no difference from which server I load it. If I want to boot a different image (for example that from mvpmc) I have to edit my dhcp-server to tell him which image to boot.

But there are no conflicts, vomp seems to coexist with the other mvp apps.

Thanks

Klaus