MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

DVB subtitles with VDR 1.6. and vompserver 0.3.1

Started by jormaii, September 22, 2009, 19:12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

jormaii

Hi, played with qt vomp a bit and tried to get dvb subtitles visible with phonon. It seems that subtitle pid is not present or can not be detected by xine backend. However xine backend (with Kaffeine) detects subtitles from streamdev server TS stream. I inspected the sources and seems that there should be PMT scanner in vomp server for scanning correct pids to be streamed to vomp client. Do you agree?

I'm just wondering how the MVP client can show subtitles?

I'm new with subtitles implementation so and I can totally wrong, in that case could you give me some hints?

MartenR

vomp does transfer the subtitle pid at least in the standrard client. Vomp uses other mechanisms for determination of  the pid than the pmt (except for ts recordings).
I think there are two possibilities, qtvomp does not ask the server for streaming the subtitle pid or the missing pmt prevents xine from detection. However all necessary mechanisms are included in the 0.3.1 protocoll version.

Marten

jormaii

I think problem is that pid containing pmt is not broadcasted.

Should the vompserver be changed broadcast it automatically? Another possibility is to implement logic for subscribing relevant pids into client side. I tried to analyse the stream coming from vompserver with dvbsnoop and didn't find pmt.

How does mvp find subtitle pids, maybe same logic can be used to subscribe relevant pids from vompserver?

I implemented an ugly hack to qtvomp to use ts stream from streamdev server. With that I got subtitles working - but I think better solutions is to use vompserver.

MartenR

Of course vomp does not stream the original pmt, since it contains all pids on the transponder. Vomp uses its protocoll command getchannelpids for this purpose.

jormaii

I think I'll try to generate pmt pid from available pids and send it in beginning of TS stream, I assume it will help phonon xine backend to find subtitle pids.

So I modified qtvomp to generate pat/pmt into beginning of stream. Now xine shows subtitles correctly.

But I think that TS stream vompserver sends should include PAT/PMT pid too to make it standard compliant. So that all players supporting TS playback can play the stream.