Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

0.3.1, DVB-subtitles & old remote

Started by bulldozer, August 04, 2009, 18:28:58

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldozer

Hi!

First, thanks for the DVB-subtitles-including release. I've been waiting for this for some time :)

But... is it just me, or would the new subtitles-menu require the "new" model of the MVP remote? I mean, I have the "old" model. Now, I do get the audio & subtitles menu with the Green button, and I can change the audio-track with up/down, just as expected. But how do I switch to the rightmost column, with subtitles? The right/left buttons only change volume up/down, instead of moving right/left in the menu...

Please help!  ???

bulldozer

Any news from this front?

I can confirm that the problem is with the old-style remote. I can turn on the subtitles with remoteVMP script I found here somewhere, but that's not too practical for everyday use.

So... how difficult would it be to re-map the left/right keys from the "old remote" to act like the ones in the "new remote"? I'd happily sacrifice he volume up/down functionality, as I can do that from the TV remote just as well.

This would be highly appreciated here ;)

MartenR

Sorry, I did not see your first post, solving this is really easy, just have to add two lines in the last part of vaudioselector.cc handleCommand:
   case Remote::LEFT:
    case Remote::DF_LEFT:
     {
        if (editsubtitles && subtitles) {
            ssl.setDarkSelOption(true);
            asl.setDarkSelOption(false);
            editsubtitles=false;
            asl.draw();
            ssl.draw();
            BoxStack::getInstance()->update(this);
        }
        return 2;
     }
     case Remote::RIGHT:
     case Remote::DF_RIGHT:
     {
         if (!editsubtitles && subtitles) {
             ssl.setDarkSelOption(false);
             asl.setDarkSelOption(true);
             editsubtitles=true;
             asl.draw();
             ssl.draw();
             BoxStack::getInstance()->update(this);
         }
        return 2;
     }
  }

Sorry, I did not test this with the old remote. This modification will be included in th hd support I will send Chris soon.

Marten

bulldozer

Thanks!

Looks simple, should have figured out this myself :)

Anyway, as I do not have the build environment for the dongle, I guess I'll have to wait until the next release.