MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Dongle 0.0.10 Issues

Started by Hoochster, September 11, 2005, 00:12:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoochster

Sorry it took so long to post this, been out of town.  But since the changes with Dongle 0.0.10, have not tried 11 that just came out but doesn't appear there is any other changes besides widescreen stuff.  But I get the channel listing now but am getting Unavailable channel on all of my channels.  This wasn't happening on 0.0.9.  Just let me know what you would like me to check.

Thanks

Hoochster

I still have this issue with 0.0.11 Dongle also.  I get a complete channel listing, but every channel FTA etc shows Unavailable when I select it.  I will note I am running VDR 1-3.32.  Maybe it introduced something new?  It changed the way some things are handled on plugins.  But Vomp compiles just fine without error, so I assumed it is all good.  Let me know if there is anything you would like me to try.

Thanks as always.

davep

I'm using vdr 1.3.32 and the latest vompserver with no problems on UK DTV, so I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong at the server end.

Dave

Chris

Hmm, odd. You have a fully featured card don't you.. Can you watch the same channel that the main VDR is watching?

Viking1

I have 2 nexus s full feature cards.

To continue with the same problem as Hoochster,
I have found if you compile vdr with VFAT=1 you get "all channels" by that I mean you can select any channel on the guide and it comes in, before when not compiling VFAT=1;  I could only get the channel the main vdr was on  so that solved the channel thing but I can only watch for about 5 minutes, then dongle crashes and says "channel not availible" also it does the same on recordings to?? But if I use the dongle's menu and select reboot, the whole senario starts over all channels or recordings for about 5-10 min then "channel not available" on both recording and livetv.
Thank you in advacne,
V1

Quote from: Chris on September 15, 2005, 17:19:26
Hmm, odd. You have a fully featured card don't you.. Can you watch the same channel that the main VDR is watching?

davep

It may be coincidence but there is a thread on the VDR mailing list right now where someone is discussing the VFAT switch. It seems that one of the functions of that switch is to replace colon (:) and other suspicious characters in recording filenames, since the filesystem character set on M$ platforms is more restrictive than on Unix. Also VDR 1.3.32 now uses dots by default within filenames in place of colons. I'm not sure how this related to your problem though, unfortunately.

Dave

Chris

Yes, I thought the VFAT compile option did exactly what dave said, I am stumped as to why it would alter live tv in any way!
I will have to investigate that one!

Hoochster

I found my problem, for some reason my 2nd card wasn't loading.  I cleaned the terminals and now problem is solved.  I run with VFAT=1 and don't seem to have an issue, but honestly haven't watched more than a movie at a time with the unit, so can't say it is a true test.  All VFAT=1 does is rename RECORDINGS not LIVETV to a format readable by a VFAT system.  So I can't see how that would be related. 

But thanks for the idea of trying the channel that VDR was running, that made me investigate that my card wasn't loading.  I don't record tons so I hadn't a clue! :)

Chris

Quote from: Viking1 on September 16, 2005, 15:37:27
I could only get the channel the main vdr was on  so that solved the channel thing but I can only watch for about 5 minutes, then dongle crashes and says "channel not availible" also it does the same on recordings to??

Well I don't understand this bug really, but could you recheck the part about it saying unavailable on recordings? In the code there is no way the mvp could put up the blue box saying unavailable when you play back a recording. Not unless something is going hideously wrong!  :)

Thanks.

Viking1

Well that I seriously doubt, that my vdr is running fine; But I do have my mvp setup via a wg54g wireless game adapter. It works great streaming to my xbox so it should work fine with this too?? Bottom line what would cause mvp to loose signal after 5 or 10 minutes. I do have my firewall enabled on desktop windows server.
Again thanks,
V1
edit: As it turns out the easyest fixes are the hardest to find, its working fine now, had to raise my wireless adapter up above the tv:: :)
Thanks for a cool app!!!

Quote from: Chris on September 16, 2005, 23:52:03
Quote from: Viking1 on September 16, 2005, 15:37:27
I could only get the channel the main vdr was on  so that solved the channel thing but I can only watch for about 5 minutes, then dongle crashes and says "channel not availible" also it does the same on recordings to??

Well I don't understand this bug really, but could you recheck the part about it saying unavailable on recordings? In the code there is no way the mvp could put up the blue box saying unavailable when you play back a recording. Not unless something is going hideously wrong!  :)

Thanks.

Chris