News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

VompClient for Window does not work at all computer (2000/XP)

Started by kanzler, February 19, 2007, 13:22:48

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

Hi,
the error has nothing to do with the VMR9. It is some graphics card incompatibility.

It might be, that it is impossible to run vomp for windows on it, but this points you can check:

1) vomp windows version should be 0.2.5-2 or higher better 0.2.6, there is one comptability issue fixed for older cards.
2) Update your graphic cards driver on sis webpage is one from 2003 (http://www.sis.com/download/download_step1.php), this might be to late for DirectX 9 support, but check this.
3) It might be that memory of graphics card is insufficient for vomp, if it is possible increase amount of mem that the graphics card  can use.

If this does not work, you have to buy a new graphics card.

Marten

dingo35

Quote from: MartenR on April 01, 2007, 17:46:55
3) It might be that memory of graphics card is insufficient for vomp, if it is possible increase amount of mem that the graphics card  can use.

This was the golden tip, I increased memory assigned to graphics card from 8M to 64M, and now vompclient started ok, but now only sound, no picture. Now in graphedit.exe I can connect MPV decoder to VMR 9, restart computer --> still no picture.

Updated my vga drivers, now I cannot start vompclient anymore. Graphedit.exe does not enable loading VMR9, says perhaps its resources are in use elsewere.
So downgraded vga drivers again, now I can start vompclient, have sound, but no picture.

Logfile attached, it says a.o.:
TS Demuxer - Packet overflow, pid 517 .

Is it possible in this old driver sis730 chipset reports VMR9 capability, which it actually hasn't, and this is corrected in later driver versions?
How can I check for VMR9 capability (other than by graphedit.exe)?

Thx in advance, Dingo.

MartenR

I really don't know, but if adding the VMR9 fails already on graphedit, it would not work on vomp.
Can you play back with graphedit and the VMr9 a dvd or an mpeg2 file, using the older driver?

Marten

dingo35

Thx Marten, this was the kind of check I was looking for.

First I reverted to old drivers.
Then, when I insert a dvd, I can play it with windows media player, but I think this doesn't mean anything since it perhaps isn't played through WMR9.

When I open graphedit, choose "render media", and open a vob file on a dvd, graphedit points to MPEG-2 Demultiplexer, then to both MPA and MPV decoderfilter (does all look fine!). But then, the MPV decoder links to "Video Renderer", not to VMR9.
I can however reconnect MPV decoder filter to VMR9, so that all seems to work fine. But then, the proof of the pudding would be playing "trhough" graphedit, but I cannot find any option? This probably is a very dumb question, but how can I replay a media file being sure the graphedit config is used?

Hans.

P.S.: After "rewiring", vompclient still runs with sound but gives black screen; also mediaplayer keeps playing dvd... not sure whether this means anything...

MartenR

It would be better to choose a dvd navigator filter for testing playback and not a vob, they might be encrypted and the dvd navigator initiate decryption. Playback inside graphedit is simply started with the play button under the menĂ¼ bar.

QuoteP.S.: After "rewiring", vompclient still runs with sound but gives black screen; also mediaplayer keeps playing dvd... not sure whether this means anything...
Does that mean you can see the whole film with only audio?
Or does it stop after some seconds of playback?
If you can see the whole film, the graphics card does not support converting video pictures in yuv to rgb in the way vomp does i, do you use 0.2.5-2 or 0.2.6, since audio only was a bug on some grapphics adapters on 0.2.5-1

Marten

dingo35

With mediaplayer I can see dvd with audio and picture, plays fine. I use vompforwindows-0.2.6-1.

As for graphedit.exe, that was really dumb of me, scanned all the menu-items but missed the buttons right under them.
Playing with graphedit.exe gives black screen with sound, not even a few seconds of picture, when VMR9 is selected. When I select normal Video Renderer, fine picture with audio.

So conclusion is sis730 chip does not support vmr9 correctly, and therefore it is blocked in later driver versions. I also can find some remarks on the internet that there is sis730 "only has limited support on vmr9", so that confirms the conclusion... :(

Marten, thanks for your fine support, I hope this thread can help others if they have videoproblems with vomp: the step-by-step approach is in this thread..

Best to all and keep up the good work! :)

P.S.: For those looking how to install the MPV and MPA decoder:
regsrv32.exe "c:\Program Files\vompclient/Mpeg2DecFilter.ax"
regsrv32.exe "c:\Program Files\vompclient/MpaDecFilter.ax"

Uninstall:
regsrv32.exe /u "c:\Program Files\vompclient/Mpeg2DecFilter.ax"
regsrv32.exe /u "c:\Program Files\vompclient/MpaDecFilter.ax"