Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Converting a CD to let it play with VOMP

Started by carsten, January 01, 2007, 21:59:15

Previous topic - Next topic

carsten

Hi folks,

Santa has brought me a bunch of disc space. So I wanted to transfer some DVDs I have onto that. I simply
took all VOBs and transfered them to vdr format by ProjectX (latest version). I generated a new index and
let them split by genindex. But it will not play...just a black screen.

I should mention that vdrMediaClient has no problems playing the resulting files structures...

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Carsten.

Chris

Hi, I would guess that the audio format in the resulting vdr files would be ac3 which the MVP doesn't support. The mvpmc project had a go at ac3 by converting it in software to pcm wave format but then I don't think there is a way of getting the audio and video in sync. I'm not sure how far they got with that.

carsten

Ah thanks Chris!

In fact I now tried with mp2 audio and it will works on my MVP. I guess that the first two attempts where using AC3 sound. It doesn't work on the Windows Client, though. But I will post that in the other forum then, after I checked further and have an idea what the problem could be...

Best Regards,
Carsten.

sirwio

Carsten,

Out of curiosity and beeing a total newbie using ProjectX - Which setting gives audio on the mediamvp. I have tried a bunch of them and none works for me yet? Perhaps you could post your X.ini file?

- Magnus