MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Forum & vomp 0.2.5 news

Started by Chris, October 17, 2006, 01:24:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Ok, I'm getting back into vomp properly after a very different summer. As for the forum over the last couple of days, well... My hosting provider informed me they were going to swap servers (with no downtime, ho ho), and then proceeded to delete all the loggytronic.com DNS records. So, having got that sorted I found out that the directory structure on the new server is different to the old - and SMF doesn't react well to that at all. So, I think it should be ok now after a bit of database tweeking, but if you see any errors let me know.

I/we are working on version 0.2.5 which will have any bugs we have fixed since 0.2.4 and there are quite a few I believe. (A new) fast forward and fast backward are done (pending some minor mods). PAL WSS wide screen switching is done (finally I get to have auto wide switching too). The MVP now listens on a UDP port and can take remote-button-presses by simple packets (email/forum me if you are interested and I will provide specs). There are also some hefty general code changes in the way the thing works, including a way to get more information about recordings than it got before, meaning minor improvements in chasing playback, summary information, audio channel selection, etc. Some of these have been worked on, some are still waiting to have the new information used properly. The big thing left to do before 0.2.5 is radio support which has been broken for far too long.

Anyone that thinks I should have replied to their thread on here and is still waiting for a response, yes, sorry I will get to it soon.

Harry

hi and thank you for the update.

hmm.
i wonder what the fields of use are for the new UDP listener
(other that teasing my spouse by ramdomly switching channels ;))?

do you intend to implement the WOL code from pompase?
it's been working nicely on my MVPs for the last... i don't know...
12 weeks or so.

nice to know that development hasn't come to a halt.

cheers
Harry

stb

Yes, I would also strongly vote for the inclusion of the WOL patch and also for as the CuttingMarks patch, for that matter. Both work perfectly in my setup and have proven to be extremely useful.

WAF has risen by about 25%.  8)

stb

davep

Hi Chris, I've been tracking the CVS changes and it's all looking very good. One nit, CVS won't compile today due to a missing wwss.h.

Dave

Chris

I've added the wwss class files now. I will try to look at the WOL patch but no promises for this version. But, I expect new versions to speed up again to something like the old rate of releases, so it will get in there soon.

Schnurps

Hi Chris,

what's up with the translations? Would really like to add some more german translations for timers etc. - could you glance at the translations-thread? :-)

Schnurps

pompase

Hello Chris,
as I already promised I am currently working on a vdr shutdown procedure for the vomp as well ( currently not including the sleeptimer function). In addition to that I Implemented the active stuff into the vompserver plugin as well. Are you interested in implementing this to vomp 0.2.5? I would be very keen on getting it into the normal code base as I do not like this patch collecting stuff from all kind of different sites. I am currently also working on a more slim version of the wol patch. As some variables are allocated which are not needed anymore.

Matthias

P.S. full sleeptimer functionality depends on the time that is left until 0.2.5 release

VdrAchim

Quote from: Chris on October 17, 2006, 01:24:27
I/we are working on version 0.2.5 which will have any bugs we have fixed since 0.2.4 and there are quite a few I believe.

Unfortunately I have no cross compiler ready, but it would be great if I could use the 0.2.5beta with fewer bugs than before. My wife lynches me anytime the box hangs while zapping and shows a black screen until reboot.  :-\

Greetings
    VdrAchim