Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Feedback on some possible new features

Started by StephenR, August 27, 2006, 10:01:08

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenR

Hi,

I thought I might try to add to the 'vomp community with some new features. Obviously (rather selfishly) I thought I might focus on things that interest me but I would still rather do stuff which does what everyone else wants at the same time.

My thoughts were mainly around generic media support namely:
1. Playback of AVIs (transcoded via e.g. FFMPEG) with an end goal of having full control FF/RW/slow mo.
2. Playback of DVDs. Starting with simple playback and working towards adding menus etc.
3. Playback of music.
4. Display pictures.

BUT: I don't want to rock the boat. Do people feel strongly about keeping vomp a 'pure' VDR stb? (I would certainly look to make the above turn-offable so that they did not pollute the menu structure for people who did not want them.

Are there any very pressing bugs/features of the current system which are so pressing that I should look at them first?

Any feedback from anyone very welcome (although I can't guarantee not to ignore some of it :) )

Stephen

Schnurps

Hi Stephen,

here is a thread with some ideas. Although it is written in April, it is still up to date. :-)

http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=126.0

The thing I am mostly missing is a better timer-support: editing timers, possibility to select a special folder, chaning times etc.
From your suggestions: picture-support would be great! :-)

Regards,
Schnurps