2.4 quirks FYI

Started by dbm, June 25, 2006, 11:27:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dbm

howzit,

thanks for the 2.4 fixes. esp rewind.

side effects for me:

when navigating, the progress indicator frame shoes up, but the numbers
  and yellow percentage indicator are no longer visible.

the quick jump feature, where pressing a number would jump to that
  number*10 percentage (e.g. 5 = 50%) into the program now just
  sends me to the start. I really got to liking that feature...

appreciating your efforts. dbm

FYI - vdr 1.3.43.

----- UPDATE ------

I didn't notice the previous conversation in the nearby "CVS compile errors" that appears to ID/address the same issue/symptoms. Anyone with similar issues may want to track that thread too.

tnx all.

MarkC

Quote from: dbmhowzit,

Welcome; glad it now works for you... apart from the problems below, of course :)

Quoteside effects for me:

Sounds like the server isn't able to tell the client how long the recording is. The % skipping now works by frame numbers, with the help of the index.vdr file.

Are you definitely running the 0.2.4 vompserver as well as the 0.2.4 client? Could it be that your VDR recordings have missing or corrupted index files (perhaps they've been edited in some way?)

What about resuming a recording from the point you last stopped it: does that work? (I'd expect it to fail if the % skipping does).

dbm

Thanx MarkC,

you were on the money with the versioning. It looks like the APIVERSION tweaks in the 1.4.x makefiles created an unversioned ".../vdr/PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-vomp.so." file in my 1.3.34 vdr tree and it never got properly copied into my active PLUGINS directory. The build and installs ran with no noticeable errors, for this *and* the 2.3 vompserver... so I was *two* versions off. Impressive that it ran as well as it did.

all functions seem to work as intended - quick-skip, resume, OSD progress, etc. it even 'mostly works' on an edited/remuxed vdr file! (but that's not vomp's problem)

I guess it's time to bite the 1.4.x bullet...

FYI - finding the .../vdr/PLUGINS/lib/*.so. files with no version (libvdr-vomp.so. vs. libvdr-vomp.so.1.3.43) was the indication that something wasn't right. of course a quick look at the startup log/messages file would have helped too. Thanks again MarkC - I'll be more careful before posting in the future.

thanks again to all,

dbm

Quote from: MarkC on June 25, 2006, 19:52:58
Quote from: dbmhowzit,

Welcome; glad it now works for you... apart from the problems below, of course :)

Quoteside effects for me:

Sounds like the server isn't able to tell the client how long the recording is. The % skipping now works by frame numbers, with the help of the index.vdr file.

Are you definitely running the 0.2.4 vompserver as well as the 0.2.4 client? Could it be that your VDR recordings have missing or corrupted index files (perhaps they've been edited in some way?)

What about resuming a recording from the point you last stopped it: does that work? (I'd expect it to fail if the % skipping does).