News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp don´t display all Recordings (Timeout Problem perhaps ?)

Started by GTRDRIVER, June 20, 2006, 19:17:31

Previous topic - Next topic

GTRDRIVER

In a other Postintg i wrote that i get a "lost Connection" error on opening the Recordings-Menü - if immediately reconnect and open it again the most times it works fine.

I think it´s a timeout-Problem because of the big /Video.. storage.

No i have mentioned that VOMP don´t display all the Recordings wicht VDR (Server-Machine) have.

I think (but i´m not a Programmer) that there is a timeout while collecting the REcordings and so some Recordings dont get Transfered to the MVP.

Can anyone (Perhaps the Author) can help me to trace down the Problem - perhaps by some additional DEBUG output or something else ?

I love the MVP plugin - it works perfekt here but this is a realy silly problem... i think it´s no big Problem but it should be solved in the Future :-)

GTR

Chris

OK, you have terrabytes of space, you are hitting the same problem from two different angles. When the recordings list does not appear, it will be timing out. When it does appear but doesn't have all the recordings in, you have hit a software limit in the vompserver for how much data it transmits to the client. I will fix the limit, but the timeout is more tricky. Just out of interest, how many recordings do appear in the list?

GTRDRIVER

If i count it right - there are currently 784 Recordings within the /video00 Directory.

I´m not able to say how many Recordings are displayed by VOMP-Client because there are many subdirs.

CU
Axel

GTRDRIVER

Hi

I just want to push this thread up again.

I want to ask the author if he have found  out why not all Recordings are displayed on the MVP wich are on the MVP-Server.

As i sayed in a older posting - i think there is a problem because of my "big Storage" - everything else works realy fine and i love this Projekt - but we have 8 MVP´s here within this Network all have the same problem - perhaps there is a way to enable a special log-File wich show´s information about the problem so you are able to fix it ?

Best Regards
Axel

klausph

I had the same problem and i made a little patch. The problem is, that the array for the recordings has a size of only 50000 bytes. I increased it to 250000, so all my recordings go into it. If you have still problems you can even more increase it. Its not a good solution, but it works.

Klaus.

GTRDRIVER

Hey

This works fine for this Problem - now i get all Recordings from VDR.

I still have many disconnects (while taking the Recordings from VDR or if i dont used MVP for some hours) but i think this can be solved i one of the future Versions !

cU

GTRDRIVER

Hi again

Now i get more Recording (Vomp display 711) - but that´s not all.

I also get a "Disconnect" if i select "recordings" on VOMP - only if i reconnect again as soon as possible i get the Recordings-List but only 711 Recording - so i think there is a Timeout or something wich kills the Connection.

Anyone can help ?

GTRDRIVER

geeg07

Hello!

FYI:

It seems that my mvp-connection also ran into timeout problems, when vdr has mounted a samba-share with recordings from another vdr.
In this case only the half of all recordings are displayed.
Without mounted share there is no problem with the recording list...