Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

VOMP 0.2.3

Started by Lodda, May 25, 2006, 16:26:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Lodda

Hey Chris,
i just installed  0.2.3 (updating from 0.2.1). Could it be possible that the skip-back <<| button on recordings is not working?
The other features are running perfect. GREAT WORK. Thanks a lot !!!!
Lodda

MartenR

Well, on my mvps, the skip back button is working, maybe he is not working near a pts hole?

Marten

Lodda

Curious, but after a reboot it worked!
Again Thank you, Chris for that great work.
Lodda

dbm

Thanks again for a way-cool package.

I'm with lodda, and guessing his skipping problem is intermitent/content-specific. starting in 0.2.2, my skip/rewind ( |< using the original (old?) remote) on recordings didn't work right, and would often skip forward.

My current version sometimes rewinds correctly, 'quick-skips' in place, or skips forward. Oddly, this is repeatable in any given spot, but I can't tell which effect it will have at any arbitrary point in the recording.

I would guess it's related to the GOPs frames in the particular recording...

I only mention it so that it's still considered for possible review when you're in that code-section, etc.

Note that it never did this in 0.2.1.

thanks for all,
dbm

FYI - vdr-1.3.43, lnx 2.6.15-rc6, MVP Ver D3A, original hauppauge style remote, vomp client/dongle 0.2.3, US-NTSC

MarkC

Quote from: dbm on May 26, 2006, 10:25:36
I'm with lodda, and guessing his skipping problem is intermitent/content-specific. starting in 0.2.2, my skip/rewind ( |< using the original (old?) remote) on recordings didn't work right, and would often skip forward.

Yes, as MartenR suggested, this is what Chris mentioned in his release announcement: "Odd behaviour with PTS timecode jumps (timecode holes in recordings. jump keys start behaving very oddly)."

It happened in 0.2.2 because that's when we started using the timecodes to skip by exact amounts, which is nice when it works. It is very annoying when it doesn't work, and it's at the top of the "to do" list. Chris is away at the moment but when he gets back I hope to discuss exactly how we're going to fix it.