sweet RPi port!

Started by Harry, February 24, 2013, 22:35:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

thanks for the nice work!

the RPi port looks great - couldnt try out MPEG2 yet as i'm still waiting
for the MPEG2 code... but woooow.

thinking about it...
wouldn't the RPi versions' name be VORP or VORPi?
;)
just kidding.

cheers!

t0bit0bsen

Hi,

I just can't wait to install vomp on my rpi.
Is there an installation guide to get a running system?
I just tried the last MLD image, but after booting I only get a black screen  :(

Greetings,

Tobi

MartenR

Chris wrote one:
http://www.loggytronic.com/vomp-pi.php

Anyway, if you like to run vomp as daemon on raspbain (but make sure that you have ssh access before you do the next steps),
you can go to the debian directory in the source tree, run create_source_tar .
Then you go down with cd ..  and run dpkg-buildpackage.
Afterwards you can go down with cd .. and  run as root dpkg -i packagename.
Then vomp is cleanly installed as a package and run as a daemon controllable with a script in /etc/init.d/vompclient-raspi, but while it is running, you will not have access to a local konsole on the raspberry. Therefore you need ssh access.

Marten

t0bit0bsen

Thanks a lot, I will try it the next days.

clausmuus

Hi Tobi,

I'm just looking for the problem with the vompclient on the MLD. I hope to find the reason there for the next days. Until then, you can try the oldest available MLD image (of November 2012), because that still working. You can get it on the download page, if you are hover the download link, and than hover the versions number with your mouse.

Claus
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

Harry

Quote from: MartenR on February 25, 2013, 07:12:54
Chris wrote one:
[...]

hmm.
the RasPi vompclient there is a binary distribution.
might be a good idea to also offer the VOMP_HAS_EXIT version.

Harry

t0bit0bsen

Hi,

the installation of the vomp client on my raspberry worked fine using the guide
QuoteChris wrote one:

I finally have the blue screen "Locating server..."

I think now I have to install vompserver 0.4.0 on my yaVDR 0.4. Are there any compiled packeges around, which I can use? Or does someone have some hints how to compile it from source?

Thanks a lot for the good work and support so far.

Greetings

Tobi

Chris

Tobi,

I don't know about binary versions, and I also don't know how you would do this with yaVDR. On a standard clean VDR you would extract the server plugin to vdr/PLUGINS/src/vompserver (make sure it's just "vompserver") then cd to vdr. then "make plugins". Good luck..

t0bit0bsen

It is working! Great!  :D
I compiled the vompserver from git:

git clone http://git.vomp.tv/vompserver.git
cd vompserver
git checkout 0-4-0
make

and compied the .so:
cp ./vompserver/libvdr-vompserver.so /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-vompserver.so.1.7.27

LiveTV is working fine, remote via cec, recordings are working, even ffw and rew.

Great work! Thanks a lot!

bulldozer

Quote from: MartenR on February 25, 2013, 07:12:54Anyway, if you like to run vomp as daemon on raspbain (but make sure that you have ssh access before you do the next steps),
you can go to the debian directory in the source tree, run create_source_tar .
Then you go down with cd ..  and run dpkg-buildpackage.
Afterwards you can go down with cd .. and  run as root dpkg -i packagename.
Then vomp is cleanly installed as a package and run as a daemon controllable with a script in /etc/init.d/vompclient-raspi, but while it is running, you will not have access to a local konsole on the raspberry. Therefore you need ssh access.

Any chance to get the daemon-package pre-built? I do not have a build environment which I assume would be needed for the above to work.

The idea is that the vompclient would run as a daemon and start directly from the boot. If there are other (better?) ways to achieve this than the daemon, feel free to suggest :)

Thanks in advance.

-kari