Started by neosat, March 15, 2008, 16:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

neosat

I have bought a new Mediamvp with this details:
Model 86002 Rev D3A Lot 4503

I have set my dhcpd.conf like this:

Quotegroup {
  next-server 192.168.0.181;          # IP address of your TFTP server

host mvp { # NOTE: Change the hardware ethernet to the MAC address of your actual MVP
           hardware ethernet 00:0d:fe:00:xx:xx;
           fixed-address 192.168.0.158;
           filename "vomp-dongle";
           option root-path "/home/mvp,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,nolock";
  }
  host mvp2 { # NOTE: Change the hardware ethernet to the MAC address of your ac$
           hardware ethernet 00:0d:fe:00:xx:xx;
           fixed-address 192.168.0.159;
           filename "vomp-dongle";
           option root-path "/home/mvp,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,nolock";
  }

}

My first MVP is booting ok.
The new MVP is mvp2 but I cant make it boot. It is stack on loading...

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Neosat

neosat

I have solved it by moving the configurations of the second MVP out of the first Group and greating different group setting for the second one.

Regards

Neosat

neosat

My MVP boot ok but unfortunatly I can not see any video. Only black screen.

I have try to watch recording but still the same. The lower bar is showing that recording is started but I can see only black screen.

I do not have a machine to compile client from latest CVS. I have try the latest vompserver from CVS into my VDR but my MVP cant boot if I use the precompiled dongle.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this.

Regards

Neosat

carsten

Hi,

please check whether you are #3: http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=326.0

My D3A doesn't show video, only OSD graphics and audio. But it works with Hauppauge dongle
and with MVPMC+mythTV. So there seems to be something broken with the VOMP code, but
I currently have no idea what it is...

BR,
Carsten.

neosat

If I use the hauppauge dongle will I be able to load firmware and run vomp?

Regards

Neosat

carsten

No, but you would be able to proof that the box is ok, if you display some kind of video signal...

Recent reports in this forum with the fault description "D3A doesn't display video" have very quickly been
judged as hardware fault. But I am absolutely sure that mine is ok. It's a bug, but the code is quite complex
and relying on 3rd party drivers.

BR,
Carsten.

neeesat

So there is no solution for D3A versions of MVP's at the momment?  :-[ :-[ :-[

stu-e

I have a rev D3A I purchased about 4 years ago.
I am using it with vomp-server and vomp-dongle 2.7 currently linked to
on the project homepage
http://www.loggytronic.com/vomp.php

No problems for me.

I am surprised you can buy new what appears to be a very old model
number of MediaMVP.

Just a guess, but if it is a genuinely new unit, maybe it has different
rom boot code?

neosat

Strange. It must be a diferrent rom Boot code or something.

I have play a bit with it but still no joy. I can hear only sound but no video.

The other problem I have with my other working MVP is that I am tuning only on encrypted channels and I have lots of freezes.

Most of the times my MVP can decrypt my channels but sometimes if my encrypted card fail to open a channel my MVP freezes. I need to unplug and plug back the power cable to recover. Chris said that the new release of vompserver will have the LiveTV rewriten so I hope all those freezing problems will desapear.

Regards

Neosat

carsten

I am pretty sure it's not the boot code. In fact it boots all kinds of dongles that I want.

Video streaming is handled through a kernel module that VOMP borrows from the Hauppauge dongle. It is
also used by MVPMC. And it is always used in the same version. So my guess is that the module itself is ok.

The module implements a device, which is used not only to stream the video information on, but also to
switch e.g. between PAL and NTSC mode or 4:3 vs. 16:9. I have analyzed the code and found that none
of the calls performed is returning an error code. Nevertheless, it's not working with VOMP, but with the
other dongle/server combinations.

I think that some sequence of initialization must be different, which is by chance used by MVPMC and Hauppauge,
but not in the VOMP code. No idea currently, what the difference might be.

Best Regards,
Carsten.

neeesat

@carsten

Did you had any success with D3A and vomp?

carsten

No. Also Chris seems to be absolutely busy on new versions. Maybe we are simply lucky and the
next version fixes the bug. I will look deeper into it after I have done some other hardware
mods here (changing from P4 to E2200, hehehe...)

BR, Carsten.