compile error

Started by Lodda, December 29, 2005, 09:06:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Lodda

Hello VOMP-users,
trying to compile vomp under Linvdr 1.3.37. I received that error
linvdr:/usr/src/VDR# make plugins
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.3.37/PLUGINS/src/vompserver'
g++ -fPIC -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -c -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"vompserver"'
-I../../../include -I/usr/src/DVB/include -Iremux -Ilibdvbmpeg -o vompserver.o vompserver.c
In file included
from (../../../include/vdr/skins.h:13,)
from (../../../include/vdr/osdbase.h:15,)
from (../../../include/vdr/menuitems.h:13,)
from (../../../include/vdr/plugin.h:14,)
from vompserver.c:29:
(../../../include/vdr/thread.h:55: syntax error before `;')
make[1]: *** [vompserver.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.3.37/PLUGINS/src/vompserver'
make: *** [plugins] Error 2

The brackets before .. are inserted by me because otherwise i could not send it to the forum.

Maybe anybody can give me a helping hand.
Lodda

Chris

I havn't tried it with LinVdr but I have just tried compiling the plugin with clean VDR 1.3.37 - it works. Could you post line 55 and a few surrounding lines of include/vdr/thread.h ? The error seems to be starting from that file, but how I don't know because that is a VDR file and also must have been read successfully before for the main VDR to compile.

Lodda

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply.
meanwhile I realized that with my compiling area even VDR itself does not compile.
But not to steal your time, I will try to get run the vdr compiling things and than i will try to compile vomp.
I keep you informed.
Lodda
PS: Happy new year !!!

Lodda

Hi ALL! Maybe out of time but i guess i solved this problem

The defines line in makefile

original
DEFINES += -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"$(PLUGIN)"'

but needs to be
DEFINES += -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"$(PLUGIN)"'

maybe chris can integrate this in the makefile (if it does not disturb anything else)

Thanks to Björn from VDR-Portal. And of course to chris for his great work !!!!
Lodda

Chris

Hi Lodda, the GNU_SOURCE define is already in the server plugin Makefile as of version 0.2.4. (It's not on the defines line where I should have put it, but the effect is the same :) )

Lodda

Hi Chris, i am definitivly less than a newbi regarding compilation. Logically i have no idea at all what i am doing   ::)
The only thing was, that i had with the current vompserver the same error mentioned in that thread.
Changing the defines line, it works.  :D
But no matter what, i simply wrote it here maybe for another stupid coming along.  :D

Very best greeting from rainy germany

Lodda

TheGuv

Hi all,

Quote from: Chris on June 21, 2006, 00:15:03
the GNU_SOURCE define is already in the server plugin Makefile as of version 0.2.4. (It's not on the defines line where I should have put it, but the effect is the same :) )

I have to concur with Lodda. I too use LinVDR and had the exact same compile error, nicely fixed with the -D_GNU_SOURCE in the plugin's Makefile.

Go figure eh  ???

Chris

This is now updated in the Makefile in CVS, it will be in vomp 0.2.5.

Lodda