Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

vompclient hangs during wakeup when power button is pressed twice

Started by ralph, June 19, 2014, 12:15:48

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

Hi,

I use the pi vompclient with the VompRemote application on android. This works very well (except the configuration page that has a layout bug on newer android versions) and I do not need a remote or a keyboard. There is also a power button supported. When I hit the power button accidently twice for a wakeup (which happens from time to time with a touchscreen) the vompclient wakes up but does not do a connect to the server. The window "connecting to vdr" is not opened. The background image is loaded. Entering that state I did not find a way to recover from it. I need to login and use killall -9.

Pressing the power button on android after doing a wakeup via a connected keyboard leads to the same state.

Has anybody a workaround how this can be solved?

muellerph

Hello Ralph,

thanks for the report.

For the misdisplayed config page, please send me a screenshot (or just a photo). Then I can better understand what the issue is with the config page.

For the double input: I will implement a delay, so double input cannot be that easy anymore. None of the keys need fast input. Only channel, cursor and volume I keep this fast input. Will be implemented/fixed in next release.

The crash/hang needs to be fixed by Chris or Marten, but I don't think it is Raspberry Pi specific. This may hit all versions.

MartenR

@muellerph
Can you please keep the fast input for power button.
Because otherwise, I do not have a possibility to reproduce it.

Marten

muellerph

Marten, I will keep until you say it is correct now to switch.

ralph

Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for the help.

Please find attached the screenshots of the config page in both screen orientations. It seems to be related to android 4.2.x. I have a mobile with android 4.1.2 that is fine while a tablett running 4.2.1 is already broken. The ascreenshot was taken with an android 4.4.4 device (nexus 5).

Ralph

ralph

Trying to add the Screenshots again. Sorry for the Brocken ZIP.

MartenR

Ok, I found the reason for the problem.
A connection lost dialog was added after the GUI was already shut down.

You can fix it with changing in command.cc:
void Command::doFromTheTop(bool which)
{
  if (isStandby) return;
  if (which)
  {

I am not putting it to git in the moment, since I am working on a major improvement of vomp and I do not want to commit these changes in an unstable state. So it will come later.

Marten

muellerph

Hello,

I have uploaded a new version, should be available in Google play in a few hours.
It took much much longer than I thought as I assumed the VDR connection is much easier to get stable.

Anyway:
1. I have a delay now for the standard buttons. Please let me know if it still shows the dead lock. I don't have WOL, so I cannot test it.
I implemented a dealy with 0,3s. If I increase it further then the animation is affected. I hope 0,3s fixes the deadlock already

2. I have changed a lot in the options screen, so I hoped to get it fixed. Now doing the screenshots I recognized an issue when the screen gets resized a lot which is similar to your screenshot. This may happen on a device when you switch a lot landscape-portrait. A restart fixes this. This is a qt bug, I will place a bug report to qt.

muellerph

Hi,

I think I finally fixed the layout bug.

I had a missing setting in the layout where the error seems to be triggered when the MainWindow is resized.
This is on Android happening when you change the orientation.

Fixed package uploaded (version 0.5.1) and should be available soon.

Thanks for report and your patiency.

Philipp