MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp-RasPi crashes when WLAN is slow

Started by dD, January 23, 2014, 21:44:36

Previous topic - Next topic

dD

I'm very happy with the fast response and quality of Vomp for RasPi but sometimes can not use HD channels with WLAN.
Pretty shure it is depending on bad connection of my WLAN, there was no problem for me if I could switch to another channel in that case, but Vomp is not usable when there is small network connection.
Normally it starts with some missing frames or with color errors in the pictures and at the end vomp is frozen.

In any case there is no possibility to change the channel or stop liveTV, Vomp is not reacting on any input of keyboard or IR.

MartenR

Try the version of vompclient from my git. It should detect stale buffers and reset the decoder of the raspberry, which is hanging in your case.
But in principle, if the bandwidth is too small, there is little vomp can do about it.
I only recommend LAN connections. (100 Mbit min, for HD GBit is better).

Marten

dD

Quote from: MartenR on January 24, 2014, 07:11:08
But in principle, if the bandwidth is too small, there is little vomp can do about it.
I only recommend LAN connections. (100 Mbit min, for HD GBit is better).

Marten,
thanx for your Answer.

Main problem for me is, that with shared Media WLAN it is only temporary slow when others use same connection for a moment.
And yes, of course, I understand that there is no solution if the bandwith is to small, but I think Vomp should not crash in that case.
As I tryed to explain, for me there is no prob if the screen hangs for a moment, but I should be able to navigate to another channel for example.

Please, can you tell me a little more how to update to your newest version from git, I'm very bad in linux.  :-[
.. or is there an HowTo i missed?