Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vompclient, no display of video with Wheezy 2013-07-26

Started by Noppi59, August 16, 2013, 08:25:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Noppi59

Hello,
I did a new installation of Raspbian Wheezy 2013-07-26 and Vompclient 0.4.0 on my Raspberry. The server is found, connection is established and I can access the menu. The configuration of the remote is done. When I select one of the channels, the info of the program is shown for a short time but no video. This happens to all channels. I tried gpu_mem setting to 128 and 256 MB.
I did the same steps of installation with Wheezy 2013-05-25 and it works. I could not figure out the difference. I did the same procedure two times.
Can anyone help me and provide a hint or tip?
Are there additional settings necessary?
Noppi59

MartenR

I cannot help you without a logfile.

You should double check the gpu memory settings, because they are like a cuase for your problems.
Furthermore if this happens on SD channels a missing mpeg2 key is also possible.
Anway I do not understand, why you did not update your installation using the normal apt-get update and apt-get upgrade procedure.

Do you hear audio?

Marten

Noppi59

Dear Marten,

Thank you for your answer.
The memory setting is ok (128 MB) and the mpeg2 key is installed. I see all programs in the channel list and I could hear the audio for a couple of seconds after selecting a channel, then it is mute.
For explanation:
When I got my Raspberry, I took the current version of Wheezy (2013-07-26) and it didnĀ“t work. A colleague told me, no problem on his Raspberry, but he uses the version 2013-05-25. So I tried the elder version and it works on my side too.
I am happy,  I have done an update, it is working fine.
I am a little curious and want ot learn more. Which log file could I check?

Noppi59

MartenR

You can execute vompclient in the following way:
vompclient -d>debug.log
than you get a log file.

Marten