Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

vomp-dongle-4.0 improvements

Started by dingo35, May 06, 2013, 09:50:07

Previous topic - Next topic

dingo35

Hello all,

First of all big thanks to Chris and Marten for the new vomp 4.0; working great here!

I made some patches which I think are improvements:

• resume_as_default.diff  makes the "Resume" button as default, instead of the "Play" button. For recordings that are viewed for the first time, the behaviour remains the same, for recordings that are viewed before this is usually the wanted behaviour. It also reduces the number of button presses because moving to "Move" or "Delete" takes less keypresses.
    I also did some code optimizations which reduce the number of lines and (IMHO) code readability significantly; it also reduces object code by 4K.
  • jump-10s-5min.diff makes use of the fact that up, down, left and right keys are having functions that are already available through other buttons on the remote (like play, pause, rewind and fastforward). This patch remaps the keys to:

• UP: Forward 10s
    • DOWN: Back 10s
    • RIGHT: Forward 5 min
    • LEFT: Back 5 min/li]
    It also solves a small bug which happens when pressing BACK during a recording and no summary is being shown.
I hope you like this patches and Chris, would you please consider applying these patches to the repository?

Thanks!

MartenR

Comment to the second patch.
There are likely (hdmi cec) remotes out there, who do not have play,pause and rewind and fastforward.
Therefore it is necessary to not change the behaviour of the left, right etc. buttons, in order that these user can use vomp with their tvs.

Marten

dingo35

Hi Marten,

Sorry about that, didn't realise there were remotes out there nowadays without separate play/pause/stop and up/down/left/right buttons.

Since we already have an OLD REMOTE/ NEW REMOTE setup item, would it be an idea to add a "REMOTE WITHOUT PLAY/PAUSE/STOP keys?

Best regards, Hans.

Chris

Hi Hans,

I have applied the first patch (thanks) but not the second because of Marten's comments.

Also, pressing back with no summary showing should return you to the recordings list - this is by design and is how I use it, or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

Chris

dingo35

Hi Chris,

You are right, I broke the drop-through with my patch and fixed it by some extra lines of code; those lines are not necessary in the original code.

Best regards, Hans.