News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Request of HD recording for performance test.

Started by sirwio, November 19, 2012, 20:29:08

Previous topic - Next topic

sirwio

Still using a vdr server without ability to record any HD channels I would still like to check the performance of HD playback on the raspberry.

Found a bbc hd recording but it gives bad stutter in audio and playback during playback while it plays back almost flawless using omxplayer (occasional stutter and some pixelation). Since people on this list does not seam to complain on their hd playback I want to rule out its not a fault with the hd recording I have downloaded.

Could someone offer a download link to a hd vdr recording that plays flawless on your raspberry using vompclient.

MartenR

My suggestion set TcpWindowSIze to auto (do a restart of the  client afterwards) or play with the other values.
This sounds like problems in networking.

Marten

sirwio

I do as well suspect network issues. Perhaps time to upgrade switches and cables to GB :-)

Did before testing check with the TcpWindowSIze  set to auto as well with some higher values. Did not try all of them though.

Just to rule out that the existing file i have used might be causing high bit rates when streamed I would like to get hold of a file that is known to work for others.

laz

I had to reduce the TCP Receive Window size to (I think...) 16384 or I had lots of stuttering with HD streams.

sirwio

I have now tested with all available TcpWindowSIze values without success.

A file transfer of the file from the vdr server shows a transfer rate of about 3.5 MB/s which should be sufficient?

Playback of the file from an nfs mounted volume of the ver server using omxplayer is working ok.

Could it be that the vdr version I'm using is to old. Its vdr 1.7.25 ?

I would still love if someone could share a working recording with me.

MartenR

I doubt that it is the vdr version, I amusing 1.7.21 , I think. I would still think that it is a non ideal network setting.

Marten

sirwio

I tested the bandwidth between the raspberry pi and the vdr server using iperf, that measures maximum tcp/udp performance,  and the download speed was around 70MB/s which is more than sufficient. Did find a 720p recording that plays back just fine. Still think its the 1080 recording that is boorked.

My request for a working 1080 recording is still open. Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE provide one?