Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

cec not working after reboot

Started by clausmuus, October 24, 2012, 23:51:39

Previous topic - Next topic

clausmuus

Hi,

if I reboot my RPI, after reboot the vompclient can not controlled by cec, but if I press a key the TV shows a message to select the cec client that should be controlled. If I now select the the RPI, I even so can not control the vompclient. After I restart the vompclient, every thing is ok.

Claus

PS.: After reboot, the hdmi output is disabled, until the vompclient will started. On shoutdown I see the console 1 and the shutdown log messages.
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

MartenR

QuotePS.: After reboot, the hdmi output is disabled, until the vompclient will started. On shoutdown I see the console 1 and the shutdown log messages.
But this is not the default right?
On my machine the HDMI is enabled at boot up, so just enable it at boot up.

If there is no HDMI connected, the remote will just fail when connecting at the startup of vomp.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi Marten,

that is the "default", but not wished. If I don't start the vompclient and than do a reboot, I can see at boot time the boot log messages. But I will do some further tests with the "fbset" stuf, you have posted before. Maybe that fix it. An other idea is to select a specific resolution in the config.txt. Maybe that will help. I must test this also.
Quote from: MartenR on October 25, 2012, 07:09:55
If there is no HDMI connected, the remote will just fail when connecting at the startup of vomp.
I have connected the hdmi. I also can see the vompclient, but just noting before the vompclient starts. Maybe there is a problem in the startup sequence? Maybe you first do the remote cec connect and after that activate the hdmi output? OK, I think this problem will be fixed if I found the reason, why the hdmi output will be disabled on reboot and I can fix this.

MartenR

QuoteOK, I think this problem will be fixed if I found the reason, why the hdmi output will be disabled on reboot and I can fix this.
So you did not turn it off... weird I always see the boot up process.

Probably it was to do something with the fbset, which does vomp at shutdown to restore the console.
Maybe again a problem of a new kernel??

Marten

clausmuus

No it's not a new kernel problem. I have this problem, since the vompclient automatically use the correct hdmi mode or maybe since it automatically switch to a free console.

clausmuus

Maybe I have some of the problems only if I watch TV before I do the restart (maybe not, if I only start the vompclient and than directly do the reboot). I will check this today evening.

Claus

clausmuus

Is there a different, if I do the reboot from the vomp menu or from command line, until the vomp is running (so it will be killed)?

Claus

MartenR

Yes, there is, I think, I know what is happening, wait for the weekend for a fix. (Framebuffer is not restore)

MartenR

I changed some initialisation and deinitialisation code, so that all objects are properly deinitialized also on the case of a reboot.

Marten