MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Audio and Subtitle selection incorrect when playing recorded

Started by JTe, October 25, 2012, 19:35:20

Previous topic - Next topic

JTe

I have noticed that when replaying records and trying to select the audio channel there is strange behavior:
I am listening audio channel 1 and select channel 3. The audio changes to channel 2, then to 3 then to 1 and so on...

With the subtitles the name of subtitles is off by one. So the first subtitle on list is always called "unknown", the second on the list has the name of the first one, the third on the list the name of second  one and so on. So the naming is off the sync by one.

I traced it little bit down and figured it must be coming from the protocol level...?

There is no problem with older PES-format recordings, only with TS-format.

MartenR

QuoteI have noticed that when replaying records and trying to select the audio channel there is strange behavior:
I am listening audio channel 1 and select channel 3. The audio changes to channel 2, then to 3 then to 1 and so on...
This is not strange, if you select as new channel 3. You has to go through channel 2, since the change in the list is immediately signaled to the muxer, it first changes to channel 2. The playback buffers are very huge, so all changes are delayed by 1-2 s.
QuoteWith the subtitles the name of subtitles is off by one. So the first subtitle on list is always called "unknown", the second on the list has the name of the first one, the third on the list the name of second  one and so on. So the naming is off the sync by one.

I traced it little bit down and figured it must be coming from the protocol level...?

There is no problem with older PES-format recordings, only with TS-format
There is probably a point in the info file, which is not handled correctly in the algorithm.
I will look at the weekend at it. Can you post an info file, so that I can see, what went wrong.

Marten

JTe

Here is an extract of the info file:

C T-8438-4097-17 Yle TV1
E 12144 1342346410 3006 4E 1F
T Prisma: Namibin mystiset ympyrät
D Namibin aavikko peittyy sateiden jälkeen vihreään ruohoon, mutta vehreyden keskellä on siellä täällä pyöreitä, paljaita laikkuja. Syntyvätkö ne maaperän mineraalikoostumuksesta vai ovatko syynä kasvitaudit tai termii
G 90
X 1 04 eng >16:9
X 2 03 fin
X 2 03 dut
X 3 11 fin
X 3 11 dut
X 3 03 fin
X 3 03 dut
X 3 03 fin
X 3 03 dut
F 25
P 50
L 99
@ <epgsearch><channel>1 - Yle TV1</channel><searchtimer>prisma</searchtimer><start>1342346280</start><stop>1342350000</stop><s-id>19</s-id><eventid>12144</eventid></epgsearch>

JTe

I checked with my old MVP client and the same problem can be found over there. So something must have changed either on vdr or vomp server side. And I can confirm it only happens with TS format.

MartenR

I believe it is the different info format with TS, I will look into it.

Marten

MartenR

I have look into it, the reason are unsupported subtitle formats, which are now included in the info text:
QuoteX 3 11 fin
X 3 11 dut
X 3 03 fin
X 3 03 dut
X 3 03 fin
X 3 03 dut
Do you have any information on this type of subtitles?

JTe

Actually there should be two types of subtitles:

fin - normal subtitle language fin
dut - hearing impaired language dut

It seems that the contents of the info file changed when I upgraded to vdr 1.7.29. The subtitles work fine on VDR side, so is the vdr taking the information from playback stream? The info file seems to have not so reliable contents. It makes things also complicated if there are two TV programs with different subtitle and audio streams on same recording (and one info file).

MartenR

The info files shows 6 subtitle streams with two different types 11 and 03.
Maybe you are right and the info file content is not reliable.
Good point that the ts stream include now the same information, I will try this.

Marten

JTe

Seems to work with the newest git-version. The names are now ok and subtitles and sound selection works fine!

-JTe