Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Volume control not working

Started by clausmuus, September 25, 2012, 11:01:33

Previous topic - Next topic

clausmuus

Quote from: MartenR on October 22, 2012, 07:10:45
I can not recommend using the switch in a cord, it is very likely that you damage the file system on your sd card.
Anyway, in current git, you can switch "off" vomp using the power key.
It is the same way the mvp was switched "off", just turning off the video signal ...
And then you can it switch on using the power key (of your remote for the cec device or your usb remote or the esc key on a keyboard).
I think, this behaviour is grate. But I need a small extension, if it's not already included.
I need to call a script, if the vompclient go into (and before leave) the power save mode. It's necessary, because e.g. I want to disable the connected dvb devices (or set them also in a power save mode), since some of them needs a lot of power. Or I will shutdown and wakeup the vdr server, it it's not a local vdr.
Is it possible, e.g. to add a command line option, to define such a function, that than will be called with the argument "suspend" or "resume" (or two different command line options)? This will also make it possible to call a shutdown script, if somebody prefer to shutdown the RPI.

Claus
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

MartenR

There is no clean way in the architecture of vomp to implement this quickly.
Of course you can patch in command.cc the function turning on and of the signal and execute a command line script.
Search for signaloff and signalon in command.cc and you can modify it for your needs.

QuoteOr I will shutdown and wakeup the vdr server, it it's not a local vdr.
The shutdown of the vdr server should go through a time out. There should be some wol code inside vomp, I do not know if it currently activated though.

Marten

hondansx

Quote from: clausmuus on October 21, 2012, 18:09:51
Hi,

it's right, that a store of the volume is not needed, if the RPI runs 24/7h, but it's bad (if I use the volume control of the vompclinet), if I start up the RPI, and the volume has 100%. In this case, I would prefer to have a default volume of 30 or 50%. I think, that nobody, who use the volume control of the vompclinet, want to have 100% on startup. And since, we don't know, what is the prefer default value, it will be good, if I can configure it.

Claus

Because of this, I have implemented this in my bedroom on my Hauppauge. If wanted, I can post a patch.

Walter
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

clausmuus

Yes, please post the Patch.

Claus

hondansx

Quote from: clausmuus on October 22, 2012, 20:30:30
Yes, please post the Patch.

Claus

You can set the Volume from 0-20 in your vomp-00-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx.conf

[TV]
Volume = 8

96_volume  under patches http://www.russle.net/vomp

MartenR

Will probably not work, the volume set is only recognized on raspberry, while playing sth back.

Marten

hondansx

@Marten
I do not own any raspberry yet, but it is maybe  time to get one. Which remote do you use or can you recommend one?

clausmuus

Quote from: MartenR on October 22, 2012, 07:10:45
Anyway, in current git, you can switch "off" vomp using the power key.
It is the same way the mvp was switched "off", just turning off the video signal ...
And then you can it switch on using the power key (of your remote for the cec device or your usb remote or the esc key on a keyboard).
How can I check, if the power off signal will be send to the vompclient? If I press the power button, the TV will switch off. So I can not see, If the vompclient will also switch off the video out.

Claus

MartenR

You could place a log message into doStandby() in command.cc.
Btw on my tv I have to use the special power button for the connected device not the tv power button.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,

now I have create a patch, to set up the default startup volume. You can found it here: http://www.minidvblinux.de/svn-3/vompclient/trunk/src/15_vompclient_volume.patch

Claus