Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Audio/Video asynchronous

Started by Schnurps, November 14, 2005, 11:19:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnurps

Hi,

with the actual Dongle Version 0.0.16 (the first one I've used) I noticed that audio and video gets asynchronous after problems with the sat-reception (or just the stream-reception?). When video or audio jerks to a halt for a second, after that teh audio is no more synchronal to the video.

Anybody else noticed this?

Schnurps

Chris

If it only does it with 0.0.16 and not 0.0.15 then it is probably something to do with the 2KB TCP receive buffer now set by the software. I did see some odd behaviour during development but it went away for me by the time I had the code correct. I'm not sure what could be done about this though. (Apart from someone mastering all the MPEG sync code properly - which I don't think anyone has done yet for the MVP).

Schnurps

No, I have no experience with any version previous to 0.0.16.
0.0.16 is the first version I've installed. This also does not occur regularly, but sometimes.
I suppose that the problem is not the receiption-error itself, but it's consequences.

Schnurps

kdeiss

I don't use Version 16, and I observed same behaviour with my DVB-T machine (only in the RTL Bouqet). But I thought it's only my private problem.

greetz

Klaus

riban

I regularly observe sound and vision loosing sync. Pressing PLAY usually resynchronises but sometimes it is necessary to stop and restart playback. (Both recordings and live TV exhibit this fault). Occassionally, the sound jumps many seconds out and can only be re-syncronised by stopping and restarting.

Walt