Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Keyboard / Remote input and console

Started by odin4242, September 20, 2012, 08:53:42

Previous topic - Next topic

odin4242

@Marten
Currently all inputs in the vompclient are also executed in the console. It happens from time to time, that i start a second vompclient (up and ok)
Is it a big thing to change that?
M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
MediaMVPs | WinVDRStreamer | SMT 7020s | Raspberry Pi
easyVDR 1.0

Uwe

Hi,
I start in the console:
chvt 8 && vompclient

Maybe it helps?

davep

I've also had 'accidents' when running the vompclient directly from the console. Now I run it from a shell script.

MartenR

Yes, I know about that issue, I have thought about this.
Of course I can switch to a virtual console myself and handle also console switching.
But this does not work good on ssh, which is really important for me.
I think the best thing would be a default startup script to start the daemon and to switch the console.

Marten

odin4242

The chvt 8 && ./vompclient is a good solution for now. Only the cursor is blinking in the top left corner while watching 16:9, since i have a 4:3 monitor. Black on black as color would be good, but that's realy nice to have now.
In the end it would be cool to auto start vomp in a blank console at boot. I don't care how it's done  ;)
M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
MediaMVPs | WinVDRStreamer | SMT 7020s | Raspberry Pi
easyVDR 1.0

MartenR

QuoteOnly the cursor is blinking in the top left corner while watching 16:9, since i have a 4:3 monitor.
This will go away after I use openvg, I will then add a background layer, maybe if one black pixel or a nice graphic.

Marten

clausmuus

You can disable the cursor on console 8:
setterm -cursor off -blank 0 -powerdown 0 > /dev/tty8

I use this on the MLD. It also disable the power saving for the console.

Claus
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

MartenR

I have added some code, that switches to the next empty console and which disables console switching while vomp is executed.
Note, if this works depends on your current permissions, if you log in remotely, no console switching will occur.
If you execute it from a local terminal the terminal switching will occur.
But only if you execute it as root (not recommend), terminal switching will be blocked.
May be changed permissions on   /dev/tty etc, can make this work for non root users...

Marten