MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vompserver version requirement

Started by sirwio, September 14, 2012, 10:38:33

Previous topic - Next topic

sirwio

I'm currently running vompserver 0.3.1 on my backend gentoo server. vdr version is 1.7.25.

On the latest sources, 2012-09-14,  I have commented out the line
setCharset(Osd::getInstance()->charSet());
in vdr.cc to get around the issue of vompclient starting successfully.

I am facing some issues that one wonder is due to not using the current vompserver in git.

Playback of recordings:
* vompclient hangs and get unresponsive if fast forward/rewind is pressed. vompclient have to be killed.

Live tv:
* Only one channel is shown. There are numerous other channels available that are shown on my hauppauge mediamvp clients. The channel shown is the first one in the list.
* Playback of the live tv channel does not give any picture nor sound. The UI is responsive and one can get back to the main menu.

Could the issues above be due to the vompserver version?

I will work on updating the gentoo ebuild to fetch the latest git version but it was a while since I wrote any ebuilds so its not yet functional. Would appreciate if anyone on this list has an ebuild to share!

- Magnus

odin4242

Hi Magnus,

only one channel indicates, that the client and the server are running different versions. You should use a V0.3.1 dongle for your MVP.
This one should do: http://www.russle.net/vomp/0.3.1/vomp-dongle-0.3.1-3-Yaris.tar.bz2
I can not help on the ebuilds, sorry

Till
M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
MediaMVPs | WinVDRStreamer | SMT 7020s | Raspberry Pi
easyVDR 1.0

odin4242

Sorry, just realized, you posted this in the Raspberry Pi section. Forget about the dongle than. You will need to update to the latest server version to use the raspberry client.
M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
MediaMVPs | WinVDRStreamer | SMT 7020s | Raspberry Pi
easyVDR 1.0

sirwio

I can confirm that the problems described are resolve when the latest vompserver in the git repository is used.

Thanks for the link to the hauppauge mvp dongle. It will come in handy since my current dongle is incompatible with the new vompserver.

sirwio

As described in another post on the mvp forum, http://forum.loggytronic.com/index.php?topic=630.0, I have had some problems with mvp client stability using the git version of vompserver.

This turns out to be related to the vdr version. My problems got solved when downgrading from 1.7.30 to 1.7.25. Worthwhile  to mention is that the downgrade of vdr also solved the freeze on the raspi when fast forward/rewind was done on recordings.

hondansx

Quote from: sirwio on September 16, 2012, 10:13:30
.... Worthwhile  to mention is that the downgrade of vdr also solved the freeze on the raspi when fast forward/rewind was done on recordings.

Hi Marten,

this patch should solve this issue, who was posted from Dingo a while ago.
It would be nice if it finds a way into git.

diff -Naur client744/command.cc client744.new/command.cc
--- client744/command.cc        2009-10-17 18:44:02.000000000 +0200
+++ client744.new/command.cc    2011-11-01 16:23:08.000000000 +0100
@@ -637,7 +637,7 @@
   }   
   else
   {   
-    logger->netLogOn();
+    logger->netLogOff();
     logger->log("Command", Log::INFO, "Turned off network logging");
   }   
   if (config) delete[] config;

Walter
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

MartenR

@hondansx
This will not go into git, since this implemented differently now in raspi git.

Marten