MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Crashes with the latest version

Started by clausmuus, September 11, 2012, 09:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

clausmuus

I will also test the recording playback today evening (with and without deinterlacing).

Claus
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

clausmuus

Hi,

here I have the new lo files for you. I have used the newest vompclient Version for this and extend the log messages as you wish.
SD TV: http://www.minidvblinux.de/download/vompclient.log.sdtv
HD TV: http://www.minidvblinux.de/download/vompclient.log.hdtv

The HD TV log don't contain the crash it self. the last 10 seconds was not stored. But it contains the first error, that deactivate the keyboard.

Claus

PS.: recordings are working without deinterlacing, with deinterlacing it crashes too.

clausmuus

MartenR

Ok I have checked the logs and the only thing I see is:
Quote22:39:09.712685 [notice] 2063 Core - Signal 23 received
22:39:09.712841 [debug]  2063 Core - SIGURG caught
22:39:09.712921 [notice] 2063 Remote - na_signal
So something with your network connection is wrong. I do not think that it is really the deinterlacers fault,
but the deinterlacer might increase the needed CPU load or the drawn current by your power supply.
Anyway, so I suspect two possible reasons:
1) Your power supply is faulty, (I use a 2.1 A power supply, since I had problems with smaller ower supplies) and this is causing network problems.
2) Maybe your TCP window size is not optimal, so please go to options advanced and play a bit around with the TCP window size. If it helps report working and non working sizes (will help choosing default options).

Marten

P.S: Are pictures displayed? If yes, how do they look like?
You said, that you are using raspbain for compiling, does it work on this OS?

odin4242

Quote from: clausmuus on September 12, 2012, 09:40:10

Maybe it helps you to know, that I don't use a full HD screen, but a 1280x1024 TFT via DVI.

Hi Claus,

does your Monitor Support HDCP? Mine does not. You can change some settings in the config.txt concerning HDMI/DVI. Unfortunately i had no time yesterday to dig deeper into this.

Till
M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
MediaMVPs | WinVDRStreamer | SMT 7020s | Raspberry Pi
easyVDR 1.0

clausmuus

Hi Marten,

that's maybe a good idea, that the power supply is not big enough. I use a 500mA power supply, what is maybe to less. I will test today evening a bigger one.

Claus

odin4242

1000mA is recommended, i currently use a 800mA (since i still haven't found the one i bought with the pi).
M3N78-VM | 64GB SSD + 2TB WD Green | NetCeiver 2xDVB-S2-Dual 1xDVB-S Dual | SoftHDDevice
LG 37" Full-HD per HDMI
MediaMVPs | WinVDRStreamer | SMT 7020s | Raspberry Pi
easyVDR 1.0

clausmuus

Hi Marten,

you are right! It was the power supply. Now I use a 1000mA one, and have no more crashes :)
Thank you!

Claus

MartenR

Ok, now I have learned, always ask people with odd behaviour in vomp on raspberry pi for their power supply.

Marten