Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

VOMP and Streamdevclient

Started by Lodda, October 23, 2005, 12:39:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Lodda

Hey Chris,
I've just installed VOMP and i am "vomping around" because of this great software.

GOOD STUFF !!!!

I have 2 servers running now. One is

1.Linvdr; 4dvb-S;MVP and Streamdevserver
the other is
2.VDR(handmade);1dvb-s with very low signal;VOMP; Streamdevclient

The streamdevclient in 2 is working well and receives signals from 1.

unfortunately the vomp says to me that ALL channels are unavailable as long as the streamdevclient is switched on. If i switch the streamdev off the vomp works perfectly with the one or two channels i receive over the DVB-S card.

Is there a possibility to change this behavior (e.g. to change the ports of streamdev) so i can receive the other channels with VOMP over streamdev in 2, too ?

Thank you very much for a answer.
Lodda

AronSira

Hi,

.. did you try this: http://vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=39782&sid= ?

@Chris: I suggest to try to make this an option for VOMP - if possible (Priority of VOMP-Client). 
Anyway - Great work!

Have a nice day,
Robert

Lodda

Hi Robert!
I changed the priority in mvpreceiver.c to 8 and put a doubleslash before return NULL in line 18;
The change:
Now if i switch channels at mvp the VDR hangs totally and i need to restart the VDR.
Does it make sense if i use an other number than 8 ??
Anyway thanks for your answer.
Lodda

AronSira

Sorry,

.. but this seems not to be a problem of priority, but a problem specific to the configuration of streamdevclient and vomp on one machine ?
Sorry for the inconvinience,
Robert

Lodda

Hi Robert,
that are definitivly no inconveniences, to go deeper into the topic is to learn more about the stuff and that is great !!
;)
Maybe Chris, has an idea for solving that Problem.
Lodda

Chris

If the VDR stops after 30 seconds of it working then I think I know what is wrong, and I am working on it. If not then I have no idea what this problem is.

Lodda

hi chris,
GREAT that you are back!

i will test it again during the weekend.
Could it be possible that vomp and streamdevserver 0.3.3-pre3-geni don't work together?

Lothar

Chris

Lodda, on a second re-reading of your initial post it has just clicked with me what your setup is like. Unfortunately it brings me no closer to offering a solution other than the VDR priority system in the new dongle... Try it and let me know if it makes any difference!

Lodda

Hi Chris,
sorry for my late answer but my second VDR machine crashed, meaning that i have no chance to test, right now.
ASAP i will try to be back.
Lodda  :D

Lodda

Hi Chris, GREAT! It runs perfectly.  :D  :D  :D
the only thing now is that i have artefakts on the stream (100mbit network) but i gues it is an other problem, is it?

Lodda