MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

MVP ver D1 doesn't run vomp...

Started by fp, July 19, 2010, 23:51:01

Previous topic - Next topic

fp

I have a working vdr 1.4.7 with xine plugin and a couple of patches. I can't update just now because I'm recording a daily show that will run all the summer so I just tried to compile and run vomp plugin...

MVP is a ver D1... (is this version supported ???)

1) I had to add #include <limits.h> to some .c source files since the compilation failed with INT_MAX not defined... probably in more recent vdr versions the include order is different and limits.h is included

2) I gave a fixed ip to the MVP on the router dhcp server. I configured all the correct files and I can see the firmware loading when MVP boots. I can ping the MVP during firmware loading

3) When the message "Starting Application..." message appears on the screen, ping stop to respond, message stays on-screen forever.... MVP is clearly frozen...

4) I tried to load vomp-dongle-0.3.0 but got the same result.

Now the questions:

q1) is ver D1 actually supported by the vompserver ?
q2) is vdr 1.4.7 supported ? should I use a older vomp-server version ?

Thanks

MartenR

To q1) D1 is supported.
To q2) in priciple it should work with 1.4.0
Please make sure that the vompserver vesion matches the dongle.
You can try to telnet into the mvp to see what is wrong, kill vompclient and start it manually with vompclient -d.

Marten

fp

If I start a ping to the MVP, it responds during the loading phase but stops at the "Starting application..." message: so it is clear that the linux image does not start, or does not start correctly...
I also created the development environment (there are a couple of changes to have it work on opensuse 11.2, I will detail them later if you want) and rebuilt the dongle in two versions:
v1) including the vompclient
v2) excluding the vompclient, in order to have a smaller zImage and no aplpication that could freeze the MVP...

I must say that the last time I used the MVP was LONG LONG time ago, with the standard software.... I don't know if I still have the original software or if it may be downloaded again from the web (please point me to it, please)

So, I now don't know what to do next other than trying to use the original software....  I'd like to run another dongle from other projects just to confirm the D1 is working... or is there a testing dongle that just starts the basic functionalities ???

Thanks
Francesco

fp

I downloaded the dongle of project mvpmc and it works ok.

I did some matching between the two and I could see that the way dongle is built in vomp is almost 1:1 in the mvpmc, the difference is that vomp uses ext2 and mvpmc uses squashfs... there are some more differences but I can't say it they are minor or major...

Tomorrow I will build the mvpmc build environment and I will try to "inject" vompserver in it....

Francesco

fp

I was able to boot the mvp with mvpmc image and "inject" vompserver in the build

I spent some time before realizing that the vomp build system uses the cvs vompclient but I was using the standard 0.3.1 on the vdr server.... there was a little change in the protocol so it was not working. Using the cvs plugins worked ok. So now I have a "working" system.

"working" because there are some problems:
- in the epg guide vompclient code dumps
- during recordings play, pressing >| several times locks the program (you have to wait that the program replies to each keypress before pressing another key)