Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

HDTV samples needed

Started by MartenR, December 01, 2009, 15:37:27

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

Hi,
I am currently working on hdtv support in vomp. Unfortunetely, I am for the next time far away from my vdr and any DVB reception. But I have some sort of development setup inside a colinux for vomp.

But anyway I have at the moment on h264 recordings.
So I would like to ask my users, if someone can provide me with recordings in DVB HDTV for testing with:
* Only few minutes (50 MB -100 MB) in size
* Only the new ts recording format
* Prefered in german or english with anonying content, I will watch this files several hundred times.
* files transfer over megaupload or similar site... over PM.

It would be nice if someone can help me.

If someone wonders, when this will be finished, actually I do not know: I have to modify parts of the general vomp part and for the windows part, the composition mechanism has to be changed including support for the EVR and for additional directshow codecs.

Marten

carsten

Marten, I am able to provide you with DVB-C .ts files from latest e-Tobi vdr. I have a 10 MBit upload, so it should be sufficient.
Available channels: Das Erste HD, ZDF HD, arte HD in 720p25 and Anixe HD and Luxe HD in 1080i50. There are more HD stations
in my network, but they provide only loops. I recorded several interesting shows during the last show cases of ARD/ZDF. There
is a next one from 17.12.09 to 06.01.10, so enough to find something nice...

I will contact you via pm for details.

BR,
Carsten.

stu-e

Try asking on the VDR developer mailing list. Plenty of helpful people there developing HD capability.
http://www.linuxtv.org/lists.php

Stu-e

MartenR

Thanks for the answers, I have contact with two users. I think this will enough for the first round.

Marten

svalavuo

Hi,

What will be the client to be used with "HDTV-Vomp"?  ;)

- Samuli
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

MartenR

Windows and maybe something else...

rdoac

I would like to send you some US ATSC HD Streams too, however, I have VDR 1.6,  this the VDR format.  This uses AAC audio, I would like to get this working if possible.

MartenR

@rdoac
In the pes format of vdr 1.6.0 is to less information about the recordings format.
So I will take a look at it, if it is the new ts format, since there the necessary information about the codecs is included in the ts stream.
For the pes format it would be too much work....

Btw. I do not think vdr has support for AAC in the moment are there patches to handle this?? Also I always though ATSC has ac3 as audio format

Marten

rdoac

Ooops, sorry, didn't notice some reply's..

Yes, sorry, it's ac3 audio not aac.

I am also using a Hauppauge PVR-HD which captures HD streams from component cables off my HD cable box in an h264 and either aac or ac3 stream..  Working with the pvrinput chaps to get this supported in VDR. We're almost there..

I am now using VDR 1-7-12, so if you want a TS stream I can give it to you..

(Lots of current Lost episodes in HD complete with commercials)..

MartenR

@rdoac
Yes, please, a test stream so 50-100 MB would be good. But only with ac3, aac will not work and it should be something, where people are talking to look for lip sync.

Marten