Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp 0.3.1 Teletext

Started by AndersF, July 18, 2009, 20:50:26

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersF

Hi
I can't get Teletext working correctly.
Having pressed the yellow button nothing happends, at first. After quite some time (a number of seconds) the first Teletext page is shown.
After this, there is no response to any button press.
I have to hard reset the MVP. The teletext page looks quite OK, but can't find the page number.
Any Ideas? Any debug switches that I can turn on to get more info? I see nothing in the messages file.

Ubuntu 8.04
VDR 1.6.0-1ubuntu2
Vdr-vompserver 0.3.1
Vomp 0.3.1
I'm located in Sweden
Got 2 tuners

/Anders

Chris

Please wait until the next point release, which will be soon. I couldn't test the MVP teletext support on my MVP because I'm in the UK and they don't transmit that style of teletext. Marten wrote the teletext support, but could only test it on Windows. It turns out the MVP needed some fixes, which are already in CVS if you want to compile one of those.

If it still freezes on the new code then we have things to fix that we don't know about.

Chris

AndersF

It turns out that the teletext is not frozen, but is updated with changes over time. The problems are: 1) I don't think I see the upper rows of the text because the page number is not shown.
I can't change page number. In fact I can't send any input to the MVP.

I tried makedevenv-5 and -6 but both fail with:

powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc  version.c -c -O -Wall -Winline -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -fno-unit-at-a-time -mcpu=405 -mnew-mnemonics      -I../include -I. -I/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc/csu -I.. -I../libio  -I/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc -I../sysdeps/powerpc/elf -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread -I../sysdeps/pthread -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/powerpc -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../sysdeps/gnu -I../sysdeps/unix/common -I../sysdeps/unix/mman -I../sysdeps/unix/inet -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../sysdeps/unix/powerpc -I../sysdeps/unix -I../sysdeps/posix -I../sysdeps/powerpc -I../sysdeps/wordsize-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 -I../sysdeps/powerpc/soft-fp -I../sysdeps/ieee754 -I../sysdeps/generic/elf -I../sysdeps/generic  -nostdinc -isystem /home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/gcc-core-prefix/lib/gcc/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/3.4.5/include -isystem /home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/include -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include ../include/libc-symbols.h     -DHAVE_INITFINI -o /home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc/csu/version.o
In file included from version.c:32:
/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc/csu/version-info.h:1: error: missing terminating " character
/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc/csu/version-info.h:2: error: missing terminating " character
/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc/csu/version-info.h:3: error: missing terminating " character
/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc/csu/version-info.h:4: error: missing terminating " character
version.c:36: error: syntax error before string constant
make[2]: *** [/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/build-glibc/csu/version.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/glibc-2.2.5/csu'
make[1]: *** [csu/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/anders/src/vdr-vomp/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/build/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.2.5/glibc-2.2.5'
make: *** [all] Error 2

/Anders

MartenR

Actually the teletext stuff on mvp was/is a performance issue, when coding on windows, I did not realize that the mvp has no fpu, but I was doing linear interpolation with floats after changing yesterday to int, it works really good.
For the page number, it is caused also by the performance issue and the number to type in is in the overscan area of your tv also fixed in cvs.

Marten

sirwio

I just tested with lates cvs (both vompserver and vompclient) as of 2009-07-19 (19.00 GMT+1) and the behavior is still as explained by AndersF.

It appears however that its more performant now than previously. Now its simply a matter of a few seconds before the first teletext page is shown. This took quite a while before.

Once the page is shown there is no response on any button presses. The live tv is displayed correctly in the background.

- Magnus

MartenR

Hmm, on my mvp it worked with my development build.
Maybe it is a problem with certain tv station please try others and tell me, which one do not work. (please test also german station and since I have cable and there are hardly any other stations, here)

Just in case the problems are caused by a lack of manual:
In teletext mode use the digits 0-9 to type in the page number and back to exit teletext.

EDIT: the only thing that is different in my debug build is that a comment in tcp.cc the log lines with "Going to select" and "Back from select", I do not think that this can cause problems but try it.

Marten

svalavuo

Does this include teletext subtitles?
Or is this only for subtitles?

You guys ROCK! :)
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

MartenR

Yes, it does include teletext subtitles. You can access ttsubs in two ways, first is to use the yellow button and type in teletext number. Or the second method, works in recordings (only pes tested yet) and live tv and press the green button, there should  appear a menu, where you can select ttxtsubs and dvb subs.
Normally it can take some time for all ttxt pages and dvb subs to be found, so if they are not present, exit the menu and try 20 seconds later.
Because vomp scans in the background for ttxt pages with subtitle flag and needs at least one transmitted page to detect the subtitles.

Marten

svalavuo

\o/
GREAT!!!!!

I have to test it today.

You guys are REALLY GREAT!

one downside there is... Now I have to buy more MVP:s  :P

- Samuli
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

sirwio

Did some more testing tonight and I am now able to confirm that it works on some channel broadcasts!

I'm located in Sweden receiving dvb-t broadcasted by terracom (and supplied by Boxer).

Chanels with teletext displaying correctly
TV3, TV4, TV5, TV6, TV4+, TV400, Kanal 9

No intial page nor header displayed but able to back out - Perhaps no teletext is transmitted?
MTV, ZTV, Discovery, TV4 Fakta, TV4 Sport, Animal Planet, VH-1, CNN, Canal 7, Axess TV, Comedy Central

Header displayed but page 100 never found. Able to back out
TV4 Film, Silver

Initial page displayed but not able to switch page nor back out. (restart of vompclient needed)
SVT1, SVT2, SVT24, Barn/Kunskapsk.

To slugish to be usable
TCM

No tranmition at the time for the test
Nickelodeon

Out of the tested broadcasts the teletext for channels TV4, TV4+ and TV400 where the most responsive.

MartenR

Initial page displayed but not able to switch page nor back out. (restart of vompclient needed)
SVT1, SVT2, SVT24, Barn/Kunskapsk.
The problem is that I am not receiving any of this channels, so for me there is no possibility to reproduce the error. So someone from sweden have to debug this, sorry.
Did you test it twice to be sure, that it is not an sporadic error.
QuoteOut of the tested broadcasts the teletext for channels TV4, TV4+ and TV400 where the most responsive.
That is because, vomp redraws the teletext first line and thus the in  keying everytime a new page is received, so channels transmitting more pages at one time are updated faster.

Sorry for providing no clue.

Marten

AndersF

I finally managed to compile from CVS.
As Sirwio I'm located in Sweden. In contrast to his result, SVT2 did work out rather well, at first. After having accessed 1 or to pages it stopped responding to button presses.
I logged in to the box and started vompclient -d. This time there were no response at all, after the first page was presented. Unfortunately the log is cluttered with thousands of:

Going to select
Back from select with success = 1

I filtered those. The log was still to large to be sent to this forum.
If you believe the log might be of value, tell me where to put it!
Is there anything else I can do provide information, please let me know!

It would be very much appreciated if teletext was working, since then we don't need the switch between the MVP and the DVB receiver anymore!

Regards
Anders

MartenR

Hmm, log maybe of interest but not yet. I have another idea, does the ttxt subtitle mechnismen using the green button work.
If yes I got another hint, what might be wrong.

Marten

AndersF

Sorry, but the green button works similar to the yellow one. After some time the options are shown. When one of them is selected, it takes some time before the subtitle is shown.
Then, it is impossible to change anything with the remote.
This is for SVT4.

For TV4, as with the telextext, the responsiveness is higher, but it is slow. The teletext mode can be exited.

In addition, when in Teletext mode, how can I step pages. The "up", "left", etc. show the program info.

/Anders

MartenR

QuoteIn addition, when in Teletext mode, how can I step pages. The "up", "left", etc. show the program info.
Step pages is just not implemented yet.

Marten