MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Force NTSC

Started by rdoac, July 02, 2009, 22:30:00

Previous topic - Next topic

rdoac

I have three Euro MVP's which I've just moved to the US with.  Is there a way to get them to output in NTSC?  I thought this was a menu option but can't find it, or is the hardware limited?

Chris

Check the sample config file for the mvp - there is an option to force NTSC. It's not in the menus because it might be able to kill old TVs that can only do one format, though that might just be a myth by now.

Let me know how it all works out for US TV. Someone recently said it's all AC3 audio there, which would scupper your MVP plans...

Chris

rdoac

Ok, I have colour menu's now (or should that be color).  However, it won't display any channels, even if I zero out the ac-3 stream.  It'll playback recordings of pal stuff but only audio (which is kind of expected).

Is there a way to convert ac-3 to mp3 or whatever the vomp wants on the fly and maybe the picture to get this working, a little bit like the media player functionality to playback avi files?  Maybe we can pass the stream through mplayer?

rdoac

Guys, if I stick a 1 min recording from vdr 1.6 somewhere, would it be possible to develop ATSC support into Vomp?