News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Problem reboot H4 - not loading firmware?

Started by izeman, February 21, 2009, 11:08:36

Previous topic - Next topic

izeman

hi

i have some "old" mvps running in my network. now i bought 2 H4s, and therefore created a dongle.bin.ver file (with highest version number to be loaded).
when i first connected one of the mvps to the network everything went ok. it got it's ip address, loaded the dongle and started well. after a power loss, the h4 didn't come up again - stalling at "starting application". ip address was set (i can ping the mvp), but i doesn't load dongle.bin.
when i disconnect the first h4 from power and net, and exchange it for the second h4, the second h4 boot correctly. but won't come up after powerloss or reboot (menu 7, 3). exchanging the two of them, connecting to the very same switch port, and everything works correctly.
as the dhcp is running on the firewall, and configuring static ip address ect is a nightmare, as well as disabling dhcp on the firewall and installing one on the vdr machine (running 24x7), i'm stuck.

does anyone have an idea what to do?

thanks izeman

ps. using latest vomp 3.0.7 version.

svalavuo

If you disconnect power from MVP for a while (few minutes), does the MVP connect ok?

I have H4 and it does hang sometimes. This power trick does help it connect again.
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

izeman

no. i took it off power for some minutes as well and this didn't help :(

ekluba

Hi izeman.

It may help to switch power off and on again. Up to three times or until success.

If you want to know why read the following:

I have three mvp. Revision H4. Two of them just work. The third one fails to reboot when powered down. How long it is powered down doesn't seem to be important. I tried several intervalls. Between seconds up to a quarter of an hour. No differences. What always helped was to repeatedly switch power off and on. I didn't need to do this more than 2 or 3 times.

The same mvp has another bad habit: It sometimes freezes a few minutes after cold start. The only remedy is to power it off and on again. Maybe it works only properly if it's internal temperature is high enough? But that's only a guess.

Coud be interesting to start a query to all users. Maybe it's a hardware or firmware problem.

Hope this helps
ekluba.