MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

I can not play mpeg files with mediaplayer

Started by neeesat, November 03, 2008, 15:40:17

Previous topic - Next topic

neeesat

I am using the precompiled vomp-dongle-0.3.0 from the website and unfortunately I do not have machine to compile my own server and client site plugins.

I can not play any mpeg files with mediaplayer, just jpg etc.

Can someone give a link for a compiled pached vomp-dongle-0.3.0 which is able to play mpeg files as well? 

Thanks

Neeesat

muellerph

Hi,

this looks strange.
When JPGs are displayed, the files should be played as well.
- What is your server version? Is it also the plain vanilla one?
- Are the MP3 files displayed?
- The files are identified by the extension, what do they have (supported are ".mp3" and ".MP3" )?

neeesat

My server version is vdr-vompserver-0.3.0. I use debian as distro with vdr-1.6.0.

I want to play mpeg2 files not mp3.

muellerph

0.3.0 doesn't play any MPEG2 beside of the normal recordings of VDR.

There is a patch for Vomp 0.2.7 which has not yet been adjusted to 0.3.0.

So either you need to go back in to version 0.2.7, apply the patches for server and dongle (which you said you cannot do) or you need to live for the moment without this functionality. See also http://forum.loggytronic.com/index.php?topic=248.msg2478#msg2478

neeesat

So the patch you have to apply it to CVS version and then recompile it?

If yes, I do not have a machine for compiling vomp. Is there any ready compilled version even for 2.7?

On the other hand it would be nice to have it on 0.3.0 for the reason 0.3.0 version is mutch more stable on LiveTV instead of 0.2.7.

muellerph

Quote from: neeesat on November 04, 2008, 08:39:19
So the patch you have to apply it to CVS version and then recompile it?
No, there is no patch for 0.3.0 or current cvs available yet. Did you read the other thread I mentioned?

If yes, I do not have a machine for compiling vomp. Is there any ready compilled version even for 2.7?
Yes you said so already. But there is no precompiled server side version available (not that I'm aware of for Debian and my server is Debian as well).
The client is compiled available, but not the server side.
And without the server side, the client won't work (different network protocoll for media data).

On the other hand it would be nice to have it on 0.3.0 for the reason 0.3.0 version is mutch more stable on LiveTV instead of 0.2.7.
And again: Did you read the link I gave?
avvdr stated that he will do so, but it is not ready yet.