Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp Extension Dongle/Server Version 0.3.0-10

Started by hondansx, August 17, 2008, 18:02:38

Previous topic - Next topic

muellerph

Quote from: keynet on August 21, 2008, 09:26:05
Sorry I don't have a suggestion for this.
Guess I'm pretty happy with 0.2.7.6.1. and was hoping the functionality could/would remain as the core software was improved.
I will update the original post of the patch with current status, so any suggestions/proposal please then put in the right thread. Here it would be OT.

hondansx

GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

TVIA

thanks hondansx

is therer a vdr shutdown insite?

bye
tvia

hondansx

@TVIA

Quoteis therer a vdr shutdown insite?

In the upcoming.

Walter

Chris

Quote from: hondansx on August 20, 2008, 09:07:56
@Chris
QuoteThanks for your yaris efforts!
Is there any little chance of getting the one or other patch into cvs?

Cheers,
Walter

Yes, there is. At some point I will be looking through them.

MartenR

QuoteDVB subtitles. As far as I know there is no teletext over DVB-T in the UK, so realistically, developing that will probably have to be done by someone in another country. (Perhaps there is teletext on DVB-S or -C in the UK?)
@Chris
Here in germany, there is both teletxt subs and dvb subs, so if it for you a problem to make the teletxt stuff, I will add this after the dvb stuff is working while the windows adaption is made.

Marten

hondansx

hondansx

I integrated the mediapart from avvdr now in a new dongle.

Bye,
Walter

svalavuo

@hondansx
is there DVB subtitles included too?
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

rdoac

I'll give this a look in a little bit, but wanted to confirm which of the two dongles I should use?  I have three vomp's which share a common dongle, two connected to small 4:3 tv's, the other to a 16:9 flatscreen.  Or do I need to both and specify which by mac address?

Is the avi playback from the media centre updates in your latest dongle too?  Is there any advantage to trying the link from the other forum, or is yours up to date?

hondansx

Quote from: svalavuo on December 03, 2008, 08:36:30
@hondansx
is there DVB subtitles included too?

At this time subtitles are not finished yet, for this it is not included.

hondansx

Quote from: rdoac on December 03, 2008, 08:40:30
I'll give this a look in a little bit, but wanted to confirm which of the two dongles I should use?  I have three vomp's which share a common dongle, two connected to small 4:3 tv's, the other to a 16:9 flatscreen.  Or do I need to both and specify which by mac address?

Is the avi playback from the media centre updates in your latest dongle too?  Is there any advantage to trying the link from the other forum, or is yours up to date?

I think you can take one dongle for all and configure the one with the flat to 16:9.
If you want to force 16:9 on the flat then you can take the separete 16:9 dongle.
Yes the aviplayback is integrated and it doesn't matter which link you try, because it's the same  ;) 

rdoac

It's on it's way...

The avi playback works about the same as it did with the 2.7 dongle with media, however, after about 15 mins the whole things crashes.  When you telnet into the box the vompclient application is no more, so I guess something is causing a seg fault.

Am also wondering how to playback DVD's, I have moderate success by associating .VOB files with a mencoder dvd:// function.  I will probably create a playlist to select different tracks and audio tracks.. (One DVD I had decided to playback in spanish?).  Again it suffers from the above problem after a few mins.

dingo35

I have a functional change request for the vompclient (dongle). At the moment I am building a plugin for VDR which will load automatically all available known European Extended EPG formats (2 - 7 day EPG for Premiere, CanalDigitaalNL, CSat, Cyfra, Digital+, Sky UK, Sky italy and perhaps also the UK Freesat format). At the moment VDR just ignores this information.
In this plugin, according to DVB specifications, I am placing the Theme-ID of the EPG in the "short description" S of vdr, with the duration appended to it. So you get short descriptions like
MOVIE 93"  , or HORROR 120" , well you get the picture. Lots of Providers give the same EPG info in the same description field.
The actual description I am placing in the "extended description" field D of vdr, again, like lots of providers do.

When using these fields, and looking in the EPG through the Live TV menu, all is OK.

But, looking in the list of recordings, choosing the "summary" entry, I only get the short description, even when there is an extended description available. The screen is large enough to display all info, and it works OK when there is no short description available. Lots of providers don't provide this short description, that's why nobody notices the "suboptimal" behaviour of vomp-client.

IMHO this code:
  summary = (char*)Info->ShortText();
  if (isempty(summary)) summary = (char*)Info->Description();

can be easily improved to something like this:

char *tmp;
asprintf(&tmp, "%s\n\n%s",Info->ShortText, Info->Description);
summary = tmp;
free(tmp);

This way, always all available info will be displayed.

I have no vompclient development environment, so havent tested code above...

Would it be possible to take this into next vompclient version(s)?

Thanks in advance!

hondansx

Quote from: rdoac on December 07, 2008, 08:17:05
It's on it's way...

The avi playback works about the same as it did with the 2.7 dongle with media, however, after about 15 mins the whole things crashes.  When you telnet into the box the vompclient application is no more, so I guess something is causing a seg fault.

Am also wondering how to playback DVD's, I have moderate success by associating .VOB files with a mencoder dvd:// function.  I will probably create a playlist to select different tracks and audio tracks.. (One DVD I had decided to playback in spanish?).  Again it suffers from the above problem after a few mins.

1. Could you please provide more details, how the crash happens. e.g in the same avi, at the same time or randomly in one/every avi etc....
2. telnet to mvp, kill vompclient process (kill -9 pid) and start it again with './vompclient -d' and post last messages when it is crashed.
3. While the code is taken from Andreas Vogel, post your results here: http://forum.loggytronic.com/index.php?topic=248.135

Bye,
Walter