Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Testers Needed!

Started by Chris, June 01, 2008, 22:15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Server cvs-20080613 & client cvs-20080614, does it work?

Yes
2 (25%)
No, crashes / freezes with live tv
6 (75%)
No, but I'm trying it on a D3A ...
0 (0%)
No, other bug
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 22, 2008, 14:41:31

MartenR

I have analysed the log, and if you see
Quote08:18:59.772590 [debug]  67 VDR - RR 10
08:18:59.773564 [debug]  67 VDR - RR sleep
08:18:59.774649 [debug]  74 Command - PMFOS called
08:18:59.775565 [notice] 67 Core - Signal 23 received
08:18:59.776363 [debug]  67 Core - SIGURG caught
08:18:59.783700 [debug]  72 VDR - Rxd a response packet, requestID=336, len=5118
08:18:59.784722 [debug]  67 VDR - RR unsleep
08:18:59.786131 [debug]  67 VDR - Success got to end of getChannelSchedule
and SIGURG is the remote I think avvdr is right with his post:
Quotecould be the same problem I fixed in the 027 variant at vdr portal - interrupt (coming from key press) is handled as an error when waiting for data.
Currently I've got no time to test by my own, but the fix was in tcp.cc on the client side:
Just after select in readData (line 293 in current cvs)
#ifndef WIN32
      if (success < 1 && (errno == EINTR) )continue;
#else
      if (success < 1 && (WSAGetLastError() == WSAEINTR) ) continue;
#endif

Maybe someone can try this out. In theory this should also be handled for read but the chance for hitting a key when reading is much smaller then during select - so maybe not really necessary.

Regards
Andreas
But I think, it should also be fixed for read, since there -1 would be added to read bytes.

Marten

rumi

Hi,

my MVPs D3A connected via DLAN 200AVpro are working fine ... only one crash during the last 10 days.

But my MVPs (also D3A) connected via Linksys WAP54 (DD-WRT-Firmware) will crash in less then 1 minute ... LiveTV and playing recordings stop with "lost connection ..." and must be restarted by unplugging power.

EDIT: I'd tuned the connection between the AccessPoint(WAP54) and the Clients (WAP54) and had installed the new released DD-WRT-Firmware v24 on all WAP54s.
Now it is working  :D Thank you for this great software  :D

Any hints ?

Rumi

MartenR

I have tried my idea with a selfcompiled dongle unfortunetely, the freezes are not gone on the mvp.

Marten

MartenR

In case someone is interested, I am today debugging the vomp client crash.
I have localized it in edUnregister(TEMP_SINGLE_VDR_PR) called from StopStreaming.
I will trace it down more in detail... Any hints are appreciated.
Update:
It happens only when PlayerLiveTV switches from state 4 to state 2, it has not every time a segfault, but it happens so far  always in edUnregister after edr->nomorecalls and before for(i= ....

Update 2:
It is the line
pthread_cond_wait(&edr->cond, &mutex);

Marten

Chris

Hi Marten, I have just got back from another work trip, I will be looking at vomp later today I hope. Your efforts are much appreciated!

MartenR

@Chris
May it be possible, that the cond variable of TEMP_SINGLE_VDR_PR was never initiallized and this causes an infinte block in pthread_cond_wait(&edr->cond, &mutex); ?

Marten

MartenR

Ok, I will move the init of the condition variable to the receiver together with an proper destruction of the condition variable.
May be this is the reason, after testing a patch might follow.

MartenR

Here is a replacement file for eventdispatcher.cc, after the changes I was not able to crash vomp on mvp anymore. (20 minutes
heavy channelswitching).
A dongle for testing will follow.

Marten

MartenR

Here is a dongle for testing.
Can everybody with live tv freezes test it and report problems, please.

Marten

Attachment removed due to upcoming release!

Lutz

Half an hour heavy switching, no freeze! Great work!
Lutz

Lutz

Hi Marten,
could you consider to post an actual version of the windows client?
Lutz

MartenR

@Lutz
May be at the weekend, it takes sometime to compile vomp on windows for release.(In the moment I have only debug versions.)

Marten

knutty

Using the the sourche Chris posted in Repley 48 and the vomp-dongle-mr-test posted by Marten. Compiled without probs and running stable on a mvp H4 and VDR 1.6 (eTobi) in Live TV.
Great Work! i like this solution so much!

--- edit ----
I manage to get it to freeze. After heavy zapping i was finally watching and after a few seconds the image froze and the sound also.
Unfortuinately no log was created, altough i think i set the option in the vomp.conf correctly.
Also i notice some artefacts sometimes in the picture that were not there with the older songle.

--------------

BTW, Its my first post on this forum, so hello all
Greetings from the Alps

Lutz

@knutty: I think the log file is not created, you should create an empty file for it with write access to vdr...
Lutz

MartenR

@knotty
I hate this message :-(
But maybe I did something with the linux stuff, I have changed, wrong. Since my knowledge of linux thread synchronization is limited, but may be Chris can check this.
To get an idea what is wrong, we need log of the client for this kind of error a server log would be useless.
Therefore log with telnet as root into your mvp. kill all vompclient processes (use ps and kill for this) and start "vompclient -d" and then the log is written into your telnet session, this log is the interesting one.
Please describe the freeze a little bit more in detail:
Was the programm schedule visible? Who full was the buffer box at the left side etc?
Network config might be helpful too.
This is necessary, that I will be able to reproduce it.

Marten