MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Request for formal release

Started by stu-e, March 27, 2008, 10:34:35

Previous topic - Next topic

stu-e

Any chance of a formal release to coincide with the latest stable vdr 1.6.0?

neeesat

I have problem even make it to work with 1.5.0+ version with encrypted channels.

It boots ok but it can not decrypt encrypted channels. I am using 1.4.6 version of VDR.

Chris

I am working on the next release nowish, but I think there might be too much to do to get a release out very soon. Maybe a patched up version of vomp 0.2.7 to work with VDR 1.6 might be in order.

I have no idea about the encrypted channels problem not having any myself. Hasn't there been some talk of this in another thread on here?

stu-e

Are you also aware that recordings made with vdr 1.6.0 will not playback with vomp 0.2.7?

I managed to patch vompserver 0.2.7 to build under 1.6.0 only to discover new recordings would not playback so I have reverted to vdr 1.4.7 :-(

neosat

@Chris

First of all I want to thank you for all your help and support into this project.

Any estimation when about the next release will be out? I have serious crashings of my MVP and encrypted channels.

From what you have stated a new rewrite of Live TV will be done so I hope that it will be fixed.

Harry

hiya,

no probs here watching encrypted chans using VDR 1.4.5 & VOMP 0.2.6.

cheers
Harry

neosat

@Harry

Do you have an original card? Cause my MVP is also working ok. Only some times that my encrypted card fail to decode a channel then I get my MVP freeze and I need to unplug the electricity and plug it back to recover.

Harry

hmm..
afaicr i had similar problems with earier VOMP versions.
but cant remember for the time being whether i kept the
patch meantioned here
http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=270.0
sorry for the confusion.

neosat

I am already using the ready made dongle with the patch and still get those problems.